Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking Nominations for New Moderators - NOW CLOSED  (Read 16784 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Nominations for New Moderators
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
Lastly, I love that everyone just ignores Fern now.

We're pretty good here at not feeding the trolls. At least ones that have been around since the dawn of human civilization! ;D

(Sorry, Julie. I couldn't resist.)

julie neither troll nor need be fed.  julie just julie, and julie know who is.

and who hell nudum scrotum, anyway?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »
Thanks for the nods everyone, but I would not be a good moderator. Iím a dictator at hart, and I would be too heavy handed. Besides I have a long and controversial post history that would make it very easy for someone to dig up my old posts and throw it in my face when I tried to ban someone for doing something Iíve probably done at one time or another on this board. Besides Iím studying for the bar.

I nominate Irxx reasons why:

1.   He has the time
2.   He can post from work
3.   Heís on here 24/7
4.   Heís a nontraditional student and it would be nice to have one in the moderator mix
5.   He does not/did not go to a top law school, we are over-represented by mods who do. Does that affect their moderating abilities? No of course not, but I think an A) older mod, b) not t- 14 mod would help make the moderators more representative of the variety of the posters we have here.
6.   He dudbs so he has no post history to throw back in his face.
7.       He's been doing the massage baord thing for a long time (this and others)
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »
Nealric.

I'm a little sad that nobody nominated me.  It must be because I am not open and notorious. 

Unbiased Observer would also be an excellent choice.  (And not just because of his name.)  

Sorry, bad joke.  ::ducks::

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »
Matthies makes some strong points for Irrx.

I would hope that a wise non-trad with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a younger poster who hasn't lived that life.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »
Thanks for the nods everyone, but I would not be a good moderator. Iím a dictator at hart, and I would be too heavy handed. Besides I have a long and controversial post history that would make it very easy for someone to dig up my old posts and throw it in my face when I tried to ban someone for doing something Iíve probably done at one time or another on this board. Besides Iím studying for the bar.

I nominate Irxx reasons why:

1.   He has the time
2.   He can post from work
3.   Heís on here 24/7
4.   Heís a nontraditional student and it would be nice to have one in the moderator mix
5.   He does not/did not go to a top law school, we are over-represented by mods who do. Does that affect their moderating abilities? No of course not, but I think an A) older mod, b) not t- 14 mod would help make the moderators more representative of the variety of the posters we have here.
6.   He dudbs so he has no post history to throw back in his face.
7.       He's been doing the massage baord thing for a long time (this and others)

I agree wholeheartedly with this nomination but I have two quibbles about this list.  First, wrt #5, we have only two mods and one went to Rutgers-Newark; while I agree that school diversity is an issue on the board in general, I don't think that the mods are the problem at all.  Second, wrt #6, I think d-dubbing is a problem for a mod.  Especially for people who are new to the board or who don't frequent the off-topic threads, d-dubbing arouses suspicion.  If mods are going to have their own board personae (and I think there's a fair question about whether they should), they should also have a searchable post history just like everyone else.

Otherwise, however, I think IrrX is a terrific choice.  
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:40 PM »

I would hope that a wise non-trad with the richness of his experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a younger poster who hasn't lived that life.

Are you interested, npe?  You've gotten several votes!

ETA: :D
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »

Are you interested, npe?  You've gotten several votes!

ETA: :D

I think it would be a Good Thing To Do, and I'm flattered (and surprised) by the nominations.  But I worry that I won't be able to devote the necessary time, what with 1L year, a new apartment, etc.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 02:42:52 PM »
I think that we should try to lure a poster from autoadmit.  After all, they're so well moderated over there...

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with this nomination but I have two quibbles about this list.  First, wrt #5, we have only two mods and one went to Rutgers-Newark; while I agree that school diversity is an issue on the board in general, I don't think that the mods are the problem at all.  Second, wrt #6, I think d-dubbing is a problem for a mod.  Especially for people who are new to the board or who don't frequent the off-topic threads, d-dubbing arouses suspicion.  If mods are going to have their own board personae (and I think there's a fair question about whether they should), they should also have a searchable post history just like everyone else.

Otherwise, however, I think IrrX is a terrific choice.  

I agree with this. 

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
I'm a little sad that nobody nominated me.  It must be because I am not open and notorious. 

I think you could be a solid moderator.