Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It has been awhile....  (Read 5171 times)

futurelawyergal

• View Profile
    • Email
It has been awhile....
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
No new posts on here but I was curious about what everyone thinks of MSU right now? Any comments? Job prospectives? Advice? Thanks!

cooleylawstudent

Re: It has been awhile....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:08:57 AM »
the place where those who can't make it at cooley end up.  :D

No new posts on here but I was curious about what everyone thinks of MSU right now? Any comments? Job prospectives? Advice? Thanks!

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
the place where those who can't make it at cooley end up.  :D

I had a couple of friends that transferred because they thought MSU sounded better.  They coasted through the program after enduring the 1st 3 terms at Cooley.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
so  you think they found it easy compared to cooley?

[/quote]

I had a couple of friends that transferred because they thought MSU sounded better.  They coasted through the program after enduring the 1st 3 terms at Cooley.
[/quote]

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
so  you think they found it easy compared to cooley?

[/quote]
[/quote]

I wouldn't say it was "easy" -- I don't think any law school curriculum that I know of is "easy" -- but they didn't go as in-depth in several courses as we did.

The main person I am referring to roomed with one of my best friends that went to cooley.  We compared Taxation and Constitutional Law II material and they covered in their whole semester what took us 4-5 weeks.  Now it may have just been those profs that he had, because I certainly doubt that MSU's whole curriculum covers 1/3 of cooley's but that was just what I understood.

He did say that 3 terms at cooley made him work harder than anyone he knew his first couple of terms at MSU.  Mainly he was used to outlining after week one for fear of becoming part of the cooley attrition statistics... but people were more relaxed at MSU.