Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sorry - Another Cancel Thread  (Read 609 times)

matt13ar

• View Profile
    • Email
Sorry - Another Cancel Thread
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
First of all, I apologize for posting another lenghty cancel scenario. I always told myself that I would never be that guy but here I am.
I didn't take TM or Kaplan because I just couldn't afford it. I am paying my way throught college and barely afforded the test and the books.
I took a dozen or so practice tests and always did well on the LR and RC sections (-2 to -4 usually), but the LG always gave me trouble - my brain is just wired differently for that section and I would go -6 to -10 usually due to time. I took the LSAT with the thought that I could make up for a -7 or so on the LG with the other sections.
Monday - LG, Dino question. Spent like 15 minutes on it, had to guess on 10 questions due to time.
Now I am considering a cancel because of that section. Do you think guessing on 10 questions merits a cancel? My plan would then be to put the TM cource on a CC and hope that it would make a difference on the LG for september. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

alttansou

• View Profile
Re: Sorry - Another Cancel Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:57:23 AM »
It depends.  I don't know about American schools, but almost all Canadian Law Schools look primarily at you highest LSAT mark.  Thus, there is no real gain from canceling.

dutchtowner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:29:09 PM »
It depends.  I don't know about American schools, but almost all Canadian Law Schools look primarily at you highest LSAT mark.  Thus, there is no real gain from canceling.

"The conclusion above requires what assumption?"

:)

Sorry , I couldn't help myself.  There are other reasons to consider canceling your score other than whether or not your target school averages/takes the highest score.

I canceled mine today and am relieved to have done so. Even though I've prepped for some time and would love to know how I scored, I'm looking forward to the September test; just another opportunity!

Dutch

Variant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »
A few of the national LSAT prep companies, including the one I teach for, offer need-based financial aid. If you're planning to take a course, it doesn't hurt to ask.