Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Courses After The First Year of Law School  (Read 1020 times)

Jessica3303

• View Profile
Summer Courses After The First Year of Law School
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »
I will be starting my first year of law school this coming Fall 2009. I was just wondering if it is mandatory to take summer courses the summer after your first year. If not, would you recommend taking summer courses in between your first and second years of law school? Thanks in advance for your input!

NMUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Summer Courses After The First Year of Law School
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:37:37 AM »
I also will be a 1L in a couple of months and I plan on taking a class or two the summer after my first year.  I have heard that it makes your life easier the next two years and that you have little chance at landing a law related job anyway.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »
I will be starting my first year of law school this coming Fall 2009. I was just wondering if it is mandatory to take summer courses the summer after your first year. If not, would you recommend taking summer courses in between your first and second years of law school? Thanks in advance for your input!

It's not mandatory anywhere as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few schools (lower ones) do mandate it. Check with your school for best results.

If you don't have anything else going (job) the summer after 1L, summer classes aren't a bad idea.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

AgreeToDisagree

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:31 PM »

It's not mandatory anywhere as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few schools (lower ones) do mandate it. Check with your school for best results.

If you don't have anything else going (job) the summer after 1L, summer classes aren't a bad idea.

Behold: the annointed, messianic, law school guru has spoken!
"We have all met that type-- know-it-alls in our society who appoint themselves as infallible experts, but who actually know very little." - Ben Carson M.D.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »

Behold: the annointed, messianic, law school guru has spoken!

Nothing special about me, just saying what it is. Do you even contribute anything meaningful?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.