Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley law school  (Read 4371 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Cooley law school
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:13:06 PM »
Why does cooley have so many campus locations?

jerseyexpatriate

• Sanctioned for your sins
    • View Profile
    • twitter
Re: Cooley law school
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
Because we can.
"If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for the law. It invites every man to become a law unto himself. It invites anarchy." -- Louis Brandeis

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »
It's easier to bring the dirt into the vacuum if the vacuum is near the dirt.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »
Why does cooley have so many campus locations?

They have alot of students.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
Law school, like any form of higher education is a business. More locations = more students. More students = more money.

alienwalrus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 03:56:58 AM »
I don't know how much of this is true, but Cooley propaganda is geared towards a "legal education for everybody" type of mentality. In order to do this they offer a wide variety of campuses and larger class sizes.

Is it really a "charge the herd before leading them to slaughter" scam to get more money? Maybe. However, I believe that the law should be available to everyone, not just the elite. What can I say, I'm an ideologue. Cooley does provide a chance for those who had low test scores to at least prove themselves in an actual educational environment. Granted, alot of people fail, but they were at least offered the opportunity, even if they didn't capitalize on it.

So, I might be a bit naive, or maybe biased by my involvement with the school, but I prefer to think that Cooley is truly opening the doors of opportunity to those who were passed over by other schools, and in doing so Cooley is helping those who need it. -alienwalrus

vansondon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:51 AM »
I don't know how much of this is true, but Cooley propaganda is geared towards a "legal education for everybody" type of mentality. In order to do this they offer a wide variety of campuses and larger class sizes.

Is it really a "charge the herd before leading them to slaughter" scam to get more money? Maybe. However, I believe that the law should be available to everyone, not just the elite. What can I say, I'm an ideologue. Cooley does provide a chance for those who had low test scores to at least prove themselves in an actual educational environment. Granted, alot of people fail, but they were at least offered the opportunity, even if they didn't capitalize on it.

So, I might be a bit naive, or maybe biased by my involvement with the school, but I prefer to think that Cooley is truly opening the doors of opportunity to those who were passed over by other schools, and in doing so Cooley is helping those who need it. -alienwalrus

My thoughts exactly!  I think the accessibility of the legal education apparatus is really important, and Cooley (as far as I'm concerned) is the best at doing that.  I think many resent the school for not maintaining the elitist exclusivism so typical of legal education.  I think that trial admissions programs are another way of making legal education accessible.  Loyola University in New Orleans is also a law school that makes legal education really accessible.  They have a much better reputation than Cooley, however.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »

I believe that the law should be available to everyone, not just the elite.

The elite in terms of...

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:15 PM »
in terms of the first law school in the O.C. baby, WSUCoL!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
in terms of the first law school in the O.C. baby, WSUCoL!

Got to hang the hat on something.