Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: work hard- play hard  (Read 1331 times)

dnt5007

• View Profile
    • Email
work hard- play hard
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:16:04 PM »
so does the work hard-play hard motto not apply in law school? I have heard different views. Some say they had the time of their lives when they wern't stuck in the library.
Others say they never left the library.Any opinions?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: work hard- play hard
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »
I find it's pretty easy to have fun while in law school, especially second semester when you kind of "get it" and everyone starts to ease up a little. That said, there are always a few people that camp at the law school from 9-9 almost every day.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
Work hard. Dominate.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

Work Hard - Dominate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 03:37:41 AM »
If all you want to do is "play hard", I have a feeling that you're going to get that ass dominated. hth
Nothing less that number one means nothing.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 05:22:46 AM »
As usual, I agree with Ninja.  But I think those people are inefficient.  Sometimes, it'll seem like they're doing twelve hours in work, whereas, in actuality, it's more like 8 hours of FB + 2 hours of briefing.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 04:14:05 AM »
As usual, I agree with Ninja.  But I think those people are inefficient.  Sometimes, it'll seem like they're doing twelve hours in work, whereas, in actuality, it's more like 8 hours of FB + 2 hours of briefing.

Word.

Some of our folks that camp do really great, but just as many do really bad. Not sure if it's intelligence or f-ing off or what, but all 12 hours in the library are not created equal.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
I set aside X amount of time every day and some on the weekend to work and then enjoyed the rest of my time...hung out with my girlfriend, went out on the weekends, etc. I did well.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:48:38 AM »
The thing I never understood about the hard studying types is what the hell they do all day.

In 2 hours (if that) on a typical school night, I can usually be done with everything for the next day and have a passable understanding of it. After 3 or 4 hours, if I really feel like grinding, there's nothing more that I can do with the material unless I start reading the cases/law review articles/restatement sections mentioned in an opinion, and all of those that matter are usually summed up in the notes after a case. So, what do they do for the remaining 8 hours?