Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So, how does everyone think they did?  (Read 4596 times)

LSATsurvivor

• View Profile
Re: So, how does everyone think they did?
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
This is my first post. Yay!

To the poster above who was inquiring about re-takes: I think the first scenario looks better. It just doesn't seem to me like a 4th test is warranted. I'd suggest taking the last one in Sept and getting apps in early. Or maybe just wait until next June. Waiting sucks, but trust me- it's worth it.

As for me, I for some reason didn't find the games particularly difficult. ...which is odd, because it started out being my weakest section. And I mean WEAK. I was getting like 13 right. Then as I improved in games over time, RC became my worst section. I wonder if anyone else experienced that.

I feel like I only missed two or three max in games and probably the same in each of the LRs, but RC is such a wild card for me now- especially with that old hag Cather and her sorry excuse for novel-writing: "Uhh... I don't suck at novels. It's just that... well, see I prefer to actually not call it a novel. It's a 'NARRATIVE'." ...RIIIGHT. How convenient. Let's just make up a whole new genre to account for your suckiness at novel-writing. Pfff. 

Anyway, I'm really, really hoping for some pie-in-the-sky score, like a 167 or 170. I feel like I have a very good shot at 163-165. But then again, you never know. But I *think* I did well, considering I was the only person smiling after the exam, and everyone else looked like they'd just been cavity-searched.

dutchtowner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
This is my first post. Yay!

To the poster above who was inquiring about re-takes: I think the first scenario looks better. It just doesn't seem to me like a 4th test is warranted. I'd suggest taking the last one in Sept and getting apps in early. Or maybe just wait until next June. Waiting sucks, but trust me- it's worth it.

As for me, I for some reason didn't find the games particularly difficult. ...which is odd, because it started out being my weakest section. And I mean WEAK. I was getting like 13 right. Then as I improved in games over time, RC became my worst section. I wonder if anyone else experienced that.

I feel like I only missed two or three max in games and probably the same in each of the LRs, but RC is such a wild card for me now- especially with that old hag Cather and her sorry excuse for novel-writing: "Uhh... I don't suck at novels. It's just that... well, see I prefer to actually not call it a novel. It's a 'NARRATIVE'." ...RIIIGHT. How convenient. Let's just make up a whole new genre to account for your suckiness at novel-writing. Pfff. 

Anyway, I'm really, really hoping for some pie-in-the-sky score, like a 167 or 170. I feel like I have a very good shot at 163-165. But then again, you never know. But I *think* I did well, considering I was the only person smiling after the exam, and everyone else looked like they'd just been cavity-searched.

surely instead of cavity searched, you could've said 'catherized?'

seclit1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »
hey everything, first post here.

ive been reading around on a lot of these discussion boards about the june test and everyone seemed to have a problem with the games section. i dont mean to sound full of myself but the games section is the section that ive had down since day one and this games section that was given was probably the hardest games section ive encountered after taking about 30 or so practice lsat's. hopefully this means a greater curve for the test takers since that damn game (we are all referring to the same one) was so damn hard.  It also doesnt help that the game after was so time consuming as well... ugh...  :-\

themathminister

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »
okay i don't really understand what was so hard about it (the 3rd game). i mean, it did take me more time than usual, but the first 2 were so easy you had plenty of extra time.

winethief

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:00 AM »
So I screwed up the timing in my 1 LG section...really badly. Ended up having to guess most :/ of 'em b/c I spent a huge amount of time on 1 question.

In all the other sections I was very confident. If i got to a question in time, I was 100% confident in my answer. Usually guessed the last 5 or so.

I'm hoping for a 165...

We'll see what happens.

ToddLemmingFSU

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »
I have no idea. Could've bombed; could've 180'd. Probably at least did better than last October. Definitely some difficult subsections and individual questions.

Oh, and don't talk about the actual questions on the test, of course.  :D

I've been following how you've been doing on your LSN.  I'm very interested to see if you're able to do as well on the real test as you have been on the PTs.  It would seem that the 166 was very low for you.  Were you very disappointed?  Are you going to give us an update on your progress when the real scores come out and how you did on each section?

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
I didnt care for the grey paper. It should be white - like most paper.

It was like a big square of thinly pressed ash.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

seclit1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 07:10:02 PM »
i did fine, thank you very much   ::)

Deetz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 10:09:57 AM »
nothing helped me, June be hardest ever

seclit1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
hardest because LSAC knows:

Economy = bad = Fewer Jobs = Alternative?

Alternative = Law School

Many more people taking the test so i guess they justified it by making it harder than it has been in recent years...?  :-[