Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Toledo Law and Job Placement Outside Midwest? Where to Live?  (Read 1644 times)

JDWannabe007

• View Profile
Thanks for reading. So I'm very seriously considering attending Toledo Law, however I had a few concerns about job placement outside of the Midwest. The school has  a strong Midwest following, but I was curious how many resources were actually available for placement in cities such as Boston, DC, Atlanta, Miami, etc.  How strong is the alumni network outside of the Midwest?  It was difficult to find information and I'm not sure how the name carries outside of the region?

On a side note, are there good areas to live in Toledo? The cost of living seems cheap so it seems like a good area to live as a student.  I wasn't sure if it pays to be by campus or if there is an area that is more "cosmopolitan" or that isn't full of undergrads and maybe has some more local style food, bars, coffee shops? I'd even throw in the "artsy" adjective too, but again I have no idea how this would be in Toledo.  Thanks for the info.  If you're going to be a 1L too, let me know your thoughts or what you've found. Thanks.

Toledo2011

• View Profile
Re: Toledo Law and Job Placement Outside Midwest? Where to Live?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:51:54 AM »
Toledo is Toledo, and that means not very cosmopolitan. If you're looking for a vibrant arts and entertainment scene, your best bet would be Ann Arbor on the weekends, about 45 minutes north.

The area around the school contains some of the city's nicer suburbs. It's a very interesting mix - there are $500,000 houses within walking distance to campus, as well as smaller well-kept homes that rent for $500 to $800 a month for 2BR or larger. Outside of the immediate residential area, it's fairly strip mall-y. A lot of students from outside the area rent apartments within walking distance to the school.