Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missing School!!!  (Read 1168 times)

ld0587

• View Profile
Missing School!!!
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:41:31 PM »
Okay...this is my first summer school-free since I started college in 2005!! I am bored out of my mind and I am so ready to start law school. I mean my life is so meaningless without school, it would even be better if I had a job that actually stimulated my mind. I am sure there are others soon to be 1Ls that are feeling the same way, please express yourselves and your feelings, whether they include frustation, anticipation, hesistation, apprehension, excitment, or anything of the sort!

NovaVoice

• Motorcycle Drive By
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DeuceZukes13
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Missing School!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
take a chill pill and live the dream.
drink yourself silly.
do something or do nothing, just don't dream about school.

Finishing up undergrad at Villanova.
Finding out where to go next.
http://bit.ly/LSNupdates

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Enjoy it while you can because you will never have time like that again. You'll probably look for an internship your first summer so you can put it on your resume for OCI, whiich will land you your second sumemr job, which will lead to your post graduation position.
Of course, that's how it goes *hopefully*... but the point is that there's no more 'free summers' after this.
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »
I am waiting to start in January. Have been waiting since I was accepted in March. I have to wait untill my wife finishes her degree in phlebotomy so that I can babysit the kid and they we have between october-january to move down near my school. I am on unemployment right now so its ok I guess. I wont have summers off myself once I start since I am on the 3 year plan with all 3 semesters including summer. What's nuts is some people actually take the two year plan! Insane! 3 years is accelerated enough for me. Some folks also go as slow as the 5 year weekend plan, but unless you have a fulltime job with it that would be too slow and I'd go stircrazy.

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »
I wish I had taken a year off inbetween law school and undergrad.  It will kill all your pre-existing relationships off.  Enjoy your close friends while you can.
_______
.|E|R|S.

chi2009

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »
You're joking.  This is your last free summer.  You can't find ANYTHING to do??  Some suggestions:
1) Seek psychotherapy and work on getting a life
2) As someone else suggested, drink yourself into oblivion so you don't have to worry about it anymore
3) Become a productive member of your community and do some volunteer work
4) Take a meaningless job to at least earn some cash, since you'll be flat broke for the next 3 years!
5) Read some prep books (Law School Confidential, Getting to Maybe, etc.) and do the sample briefs and outlines

You'll be hard pressed to find much sympathy for simply being bored with no idea how to occupy yourself through the summer.