Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 45733 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #280 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
Sounds good :)  Also, I'm always in the market for a good bourbon, so if you try something, please share!

Deal.  I'm afraid I'm not going to try anything super exciting anytime soon since the awesome store has closed.  Also, my life is more Bar examinee than bar attendee these days, alas.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »
Masterful.  I continue to be impressed by this shtick. 

Yeah, I think that this *has* to be schtick (or at least I hope so). 

discoverer02

« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »
I haven't heard of a single whiskey mentioned.  I'm guessing they're not sold in plastic bottles at Rite Aid.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 13, 2009, 05:16:43 PM »
Don't drink cognac much anymore.  Nowadays I'm all about whiskey.  Knob Creek to be exact.  On the rocks.  If you haven't tried it yet, try it out.  Change your life.

That's bourbon to be exact.

Try some Baker's or Basil Hayden's sometime when you're feeling flush. 

All bourbons are whiskey, you wise guy.   (wise gal didn't have the same ring to it)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

Don't drink cognac much anymore.  Nowadays I'm all about whiskey.  Knob Creek to be exact.  On the rocks.  If you haven't tried it yet, try it out.  Change your life.

That's bourbon to be exact.

Try some Baker's or Basil Hayden's sometime when you're feeling flush. 

Those are good.  But Burning, if you want to spend roughly the same as Knob Creek, try out some 1792.  That's a nice smooth, yet flavorful bourbon.

1792?  Never had it, but I'll search for it this weekend.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
All bourbons are whiskey, you wise guy.   (wise gal didn't have the same ring to it)

I know.  I was just pushing precision because I think that bourbon is superior to and distinct from other whiskeys. :)

1792 is fine, but doesn't distinguish itself from Booker's etc.  Basil Hayden's is a credited recommendation if you're new to bourbon and want to start with something that's good but won't burn a hole in your tongue.  Works when you're 'flushed' too, I suppose.

(Edited to add that the credited everyday bourbon is Woodford Reserve.  It's the real stuff.)

I like Woodford Reserve a lot (oaky, smooth, complex for its age), but I've had a few bottles that weren't so good.  I am not enough of an afficionado to have paid attention to the batch numbers and stuff, but is it possible that there were some bad batches/years/barrels out there?  It's basically turned me off enough that I've stopped buying Woodford Reserve when I'm shopping in that price range.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
I haven't heard of a single whiskey mentioned.  I'm guessing they're not sold in plastic bottles at Rite Aid.

You know what is that's good?  Evan Williams. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »

I like Woodford Reserve a lot (oaky, smooth, complex for its age), but I've had a few bottles that weren't so good.  I am not enough of an afficionado to have paid attention to the batch numbers and stuff, but is it possible that there were some bad batches/years/barrels out there?  It's basically turned me off enough that I've stopped buying Woodford Reserve when I'm shopping in that price range.

Bad batches are possible I'm sure.  I try to avoid their Derby bottles, just because I feel like that stuff is rushed out for whatever reason.

Totally makes sense.  Thanks for the (implicit) advice.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
  • Betrayed by Dot. Plotting revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »
Wow, I came to conquer this thread and now... suddenly... it's totally out of my league.  At least it's informative.  And at least you're as lost as I am, d.

BTW:  Underdog (the original) was a childhood hero of mine.  He's part of the reason I've grown up to be such a loser.  The other part is genetic.

To be honest, the underdog theme still sends chills down my spine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRil07h5uE&feature=related

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
Wow, I came to conquer this thread and now... suddenly... it's totally out of my league.  At least it's informative.  And at least you're as lost as I am, d.

BTW:  Underdog (the original) was a childhood hero of mine.  He's part of the reason I've grown up to be such a loser.  The other part is genetic.

To be honest, the underdog theme still sends chills down my spine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRil07h5uE&feature=related

Are you aware of Underdog Lady?
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN