Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 43495 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »
Miss P posts:

• still haven't really started studying [subject]
  • about to head out to dinner
  • OMG, that thread is still making me twitch

[/update]

goalie chica is offline at the time, but logs in at 10am on the next day (see p6915 of the SFLSD thread).  Shortly thereafter:

Nor would including duplicate pages, etc. However, I think scewing with the format is a different issue.  I agree that the first thing a student is expected to do when he/she gets an exam is to allocate time appropriately.  Making that process more difficult/confusing for students might well have an impact on their performance.  On that basis alone, I think it's unfair.

Um, I shouldn't really come back to this, but isn't this exactly what happened? There were duplicate pagesónot even of substantive pages of the examóbut of the instruction page.

ETA: Unless you only mean duplicate pages that are right in a rowóbecause then it should be obvious what happenedóbut duplicate pages that are not consecutive are deathly confusing? Again, I feel like we are splitting hairs about saying "this is enough to throw someone off" and "this is not enough to throw someone off." I'm sure someone could come on here and pitch a fit about a misplaced staple, and someone would agree with them.

I agree that the crux of the disagreement is whether you think this is something that could reasonably throw someone off to the extent that it would affect their performance, or whether it's in the realm of somewhat annoying but not particularly debilitating poo that you deal with. Clearly people disagree about that.

Right.

1. All of this (my post in SFLSD and your and goaliechica's exchange -- over 16 hours later -- in the Drake thread) is well after both of you started posting in the thread at the same time, the morning of May 5.

2. It looks as if goaliechica is engaging you in substantive discussion about the topic here, so I don't understand what the problem is.

3. If you have problems with things other posters said to you, just address them directly, please.  This imputation of responsibility to me is absurd. 
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2009, 11:31:57 PM »
Face it, I've posted three of your cries for help in this thread alone.  Other posters may back each other up in arguments when they happen to be paying attention to the same thread, but you ACTUALLY SOLICIT HELP.  There are at least two more such solicitations.  After each instance, at least one of the posters from the thread in which you post a cry for help comes over the Drake thread to engage someone who is disagreeing with you.

As goaliechica writes above, she had bowed out of the discussion in the Drake thread.  What brought her back?  Your cry for help.

You couldn't handle the argument on your own and you called in reinforcements.  I hope your future clients DO know who your online persona is and ARE reading this.  I'm sure they'd be very interested to see that you can't even handle an internet chat board discussion about the administration of a Drake university exam without reinforcements.  You'll make one hell of a litigator, LOL.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
Has PJC had Bulliet... :D

lol, I don't know.  I don't know what he likes!

For a short time, bulleit was my 'tar :)  But yeah, I've often claimed that this is my favorite bourbon.  However, I've been drinking less of it - instead choosing 1792 and Knob Creek, just because I've had soooo much Bulleit.

If you want to spend a little bit of money and do something besides Booker's or Baker's, try Elijah Craig's 18 year stash.  Speaking of that Elijah Craig's regular is surprisingly good for a cheap bottle.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2009, 11:47:40 PM »
For a short time, bulleit was my 'tar :)  But yeah, I've often claimed that this is my favorite bourbon.  However, I've been drinking less of it - instead choosing 1792 and Knob Creek, just because I've had soooo much Bulleit.

If you want to spend a little bit of money and do something besides Booker's or Baker's, try Elijah Craig's 18 year stash.  Speaking of that Elijah Craig's regular is surprisingly good for a cheap bottle.

Ooops, sorry I didn't notice!  I'm sure I was merely mesmerized by the thought of that delicious tonic.

I agree about the EC.  My favorite for a cheap bourbon (which, actually, an LSD poster and friend turned me onto a few years ago) is Evan Williams, though.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
I drank some Evan williams recently.  I almost bought the reserve on Friday.  What do you think of Buffalo trace?  I don't find this worth the money at all.  I'm wondering if I'm alone on this.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
I drank some Evan williams recently.  I almost bought the reserve on Friday.  What do you think of Buffalo trace?  I don't find this worth the money at all.  I'm wondering if I'm alone on this.

People often push this as a good, inexpensive bourbon, but they don't carry it at the liquor stores near my house, and when I used to go to the (now closed  :'() specialty store, I'd usually buy fancier rare stuff.  This is a long way of saying that I've never tried it.  What don't you like about it?  I'll try to remember to let you know what I think if I ever taste it.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2009, 11:55:12 PM »
Actually, you're the one who's been insisting on continuing this disucssion and making unfounded accusations (like the one above).  I've asked you repeatedly (starting in May, see previous posts) to end this discussion.  I've further asked you to stop harassing and just go away.  I would be VERY happy if you would honor those requests.  Until you do, however, I will continue to defend myself and to point out your dishonesty and hypocrisy. 

I'm fine with your never admitting to calling for help in the Drake thread.  You don't need to admit it.  Everybody's already seen your posts in which you call for help.  We don't really have anything more discuss.  You've been outed and nothing you or I say can change that.

Now, if you can please let this go and stop harassing me... you'll be better off.  At the very least, you'll have more time on your hands to hone your writing skills and ween yourself of various co-dependencies.  I wish you the best of luck with all that.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:10 AM »

People often push this as a good, inexpensive bourbon, but they don't carry it at the liquor stores near my house, and when I used to go to the (now closed  :'() specialty store, I'd usually buy fancier rare stuff.  This is a long way of saying that I've never tried it.  What don't you like about it?  I'll try to remember to let you know what I think if I ever taste it.
I find that there's almost a soapy taste to it.  I want to try it again... But I'd also hate to spend nearly $30 to see if something tastes like soap.  Also, I recommend Russell's reserve for a >$30 bourbon.  It's pretty smooth...  I just prefer something a bit more oaky and potent.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2009, 12:14:45 AM »
I find that there's almost a soapy taste to it.  I want to try it again... But I'd also hate to spend nearly $30 to see if something tastes like soap.  Also, I recommend Russell's reserve for a >$30 bourbon.  It's pretty smooth...  I just prefer something a bit more oaky and potent.

Ew, soapy. 

Got it.  I'll report back if I ever try either!

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2009, 12:17:21 AM »

Ew, soapy. 

Got it.  I'll report back if I ever try either!

Sounds good :)  Also, I'm always in the market for a good bourbon, so if you try something, please share!