Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 43738 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
Actually, goalie, ISUCKATTHIS is from this cycle. So, you must be thinking of someone else. I think there was another guy who hung out in MAS who had an all-caps handle, though I can't remember his name.

I was talking to jason perrlx, dude. Was that not clear?  ??? I quoted his post.

wel don't make this a cross post becuase then I have to attack Irrx cuase that's what cross posting is all about right?  ;D

As to the ban process I think we should have a revolving random ban each week just for fun, like the lottery.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:19 AM »
As to the ban process I think we should have a revolving random ban each week just for fun, like the lottery.

Heh. I just re-read that story (the one where the townspeople draw lots to see who will get stoned to death). I think we should strive to make the LSD experience as much like that as possible.

Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »

Heh. I just re-read that story (the one where the townspeople draw lots to see who will get stoned to death). I think we should strive to make the LSD experience as much like that as possible.

yea that was the story I had in mind  ;D There are plenty of people here I would nominate for a good stoning
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2009, 10:51:28 PM »
What is the name of that story?  I remember having a teacher read it to me in an 8th grade Latin class.  At the time, right, I'm thinking this teacher is quirky and cool; now, knowing numerous teachers and understanding that they all have back stories and social lives just like the rest of us, probably I should just assume the guy was a weirdo and he read us the story because he has a sadism thing.

Perrlx is funny old *&^%, except when he gets into the suckatthis and xman shticks.  Then he's just a sad old guy who gets off to watching a bunch of 3Ls from SFLSD chase their own tails.  Which I guess is funny too, in a way.
\

The Lottery, by Shirley Jackson.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
  • Betrayed by Dot. Plotting revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »
Hey goals, it's cool.  I'm not sweating it.  I don't hold nothin against nobody. 

Like I said, it's pretty entertaining.  And I just don't get ISUCKATTHIS or anybody else whinging about internet morality.  I don't see any such thing.  People argue with people.  People gang up on people.  People insult people.  Deal with or not, it's up to you.  Even if people beat you down (as he claims, giving him the benefit of any doubt... whether he deserves it or not), it's a bunch of people you don't know and will never meet.  Who cares?  And, really, this is about the fact that people just don't like him.  So, they don't like you dude.  You can't argue with them about that.  Find some people who do like you and hang out with them instead. 

As for banning, I don't see how you can accuse a poster of this.  No poster has the power to ban any one.  Correct me if I'm wrong Sands, you cognac loving biglaw associate you.  And no, I don't actually know who you are either.  Unsolicited:  for my money, a nice Islay scotch beats the crap out of any cognac hands down.  Lagavulin, Sands.  Give it a shot but realize that it's an acquired taste.

What's jsg, boss?  I'm not following your posts, baby.  Clue me in.

discoverer02

« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2009, 06:26:04 PM »
Hey goals, it's cool.  I'm not sweating it.  I don't hold nothin against nobody. 

You sir are a liar.  And a vengeful one at that.  It says so right underneath your avatar.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
  • Betrayed by Dot. Plotting revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »
yo d!

I've been "plotting revenge" against dot for over a year now.  How pathetic is that?

You're right.  I amend my earlier statement:

I don't hold nothin against nobody cept dot.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2009, 06:57:37 PM »

Like I said, it's pretty entertaining.  And I just don't get ISUCKATTHIS or anybody else whinging about internet morality.  I don't see any such thing.  People argue with people.  People gang up on people.  People insult people.  Deal with or not, it's up to you.  Even if people beat you down (as he claims, giving him the benefit of any doubt... whether he deserves it or not), it's a bunch of people you don't know and will never meet.  Who cares?  And, really, this is about the fact that people just don't like him.  So, they don't like you dude.  You can't argue with them about that.  Find some people who do like you and hang out with them instead. 

As for banning, I don't see how you can accuse a poster of this.  No poster has the power to ban any one.  Correct me if I'm wrong Sands, you cognac loving biglaw associate you.  And no, I don't actually know who you are either.  Unsolicited:  for my money, a nice Islay scotch beats the crap out of any cognac hands down.  Lagavulin, Sands.  Give it a shot but realize that it's an acquired taste.

What's jsg, boss?  I'm not following your posts, baby.  Clue me in.

Don't drink cognac much anymore.  Nowadays I'm all about whiskey.  Knob Creek to be exact.  On the rocks.  If you haven't tried it yet, try it out.  Change your life.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 11, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »
Don't drink cognac much anymore.  Nowadays I'm all about whiskey.  Knob Creek to be exact.  On the rocks.  If you haven't tried it yet, try it out.  Change your life.

That's bourbon to be exact.

Try some Baker's or Basil Hayden's sometime when you're feeling flush. 
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

What's jsg, boss?   I'm not following your posts, baby.  Clue me in.

I am. Not sure what young Reezy's intent was though.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret