Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 46072 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2009, 08:52:17 AM »
This thread is just a train wreck, why donsn't everyone agree to disagree and talk about something less divisive like AA admits.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »
budget for senate journal just exhausted.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »
While perhaps not ban-worthy, I've got no problem declaring behavior like SUCK's here actionable.  Griefing other posters by repeatedly antagonizing them with unsubstantiated accusations only detracts from the board.  I'd fully support warnings, and maybe eventual bannings after repeated warnings, for this kind of thing.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »
I agree
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2009, 02:41:11 PM »
While perhaps not ban-worthy, I've got no problem declaring behavior like SUCK's here actionable.  Griefing other posters by repeatedly antagonizing them with unsubstantiated accusations only detracts from the board.  I'd fully support warnings, and maybe eventual bannings after repeated warnings, for this kind of thing.

This.

(also, this type of level-headed commentary is why NPE was nominated in the new mod thread ;D)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
Was cliff007 ever banned? I don't think so..and he exhibited that kind of behavior for months and months. The argument in this thread is pretty light, IMO. If people would just ignore each other - I think it would go away. If someone displays a negative, bitter attitude..that should completely be allowed. Regardless of if they get complaints. I think ISUCKATTHISS falls into that category. IIRC, his first post was about being miserable in law school. So..he gets in arguments & displays his negative attitude in his posts. That's ok, right?
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »
You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you?

Anyway, does anyone have anything on the topic of the ban process, as in the future of it as opposed to the past?

Thanks for keeping the convo on track.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »
Was cliff007 ever banned? I don't think so..and he exhibited that kind of behavior for months and months.

I just checked the ban log and that user was never banned.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »
Was cliff007 ever banned? I don't think so..and he exhibited that kind of behavior for months and months.

Well, I'm sure we all remember (posters who have stuck around since last cycle) how he derailed every thread, and was sexually explicit on a regular basis - pretty close to harassment. A quick search of his posts should prove that. There are other examples. I can see a poster like cliff being banned, but PILOFOLO/ISUCKATTHIS, whether or not they're the same person - I fail to see how their negativity/annoyance is worthy of a ban. 
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:34 PM »

Well, I'm sure we all remember (posters who have stuck around since last cycle) how he derailed every thread, and was sexually explicit on a regular basis - pretty close to harassment. A quick search of his posts should prove that. There are other examples. I can see a poster like cliff being banned, but PILOFOLO/ISUCKATTHIS, whether or not they're the same person - I fail to see how their negativity/annoyance is worthy of a ban. 

I think it's less a matter of culpability in the case of cliff007 and more likely an issue of nobody reporting his antics to the moderators.  If he carried on like you say, he certainly sounds like a prime candidate for the ban log.
Charles H. Houston