Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 43857 times)

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
I'd say you know quite a bit.  But, please, let's do away with the personal attacks.  I know it's a reflex, but try to get it under control.

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the personal attacks and harassment.  Let's put an end to that please.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2009, 12:03:46 AM »
I'd say you know quite a bit.  But, please, let's do away with the personal attacks.  I know it's a reflex, but try to get it under control.

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the personal attacks and harassment.  Let's put an end to that please.

Can you please give specific examples, in the form of quotes, of what you think are personal attacks? The rest of us don't see any.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »
I second Sheltron's request.  Perhaps you could highlight the personal attacks in the post you referenced so that I and the other readers of this thread can understand what you mean.  Personally, I would like to know how I have failed in my efforts to put our past interactions aside when responding to your posts so that I can do better.  Moreover, I think getting some sense of what you believe constitutes "personal attacks and harassment" could help readers assess your judgment about the basis for complaints about PILOFOLO, among other things.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »
Read the last paragraph of her last post, sheltron.  Incidentally, I'm not too inclined to discuss anything with you given your previous comments.  If you find me so odious, why not ignore my posts and engage in more productive conversation with others?

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:46 AM »
I second Sheltron's request.  Perhaps you could highlight the personal attacks in the post you referenced so that I and the other readers of this thread can understand what you mean.  Personally, I would like to know how I have failed in my efforts to put our past interactions aside when responding to your posts so that I can do better.  Moreover, I think getting some sense of what you believe constitutes "personal attacks and harassment" could help readers assess your judgment about the basis for complaints about PILOFOLO, among other things.

Here you go again.  You started by referring to my disagreeing with you as "personal harassment" and "mucking up" a thread, trying to ignite controversy between me and a moderator and now you'll take every possible opportunity to gang up on me with other posters.

Why can't you just have a normal discussion without resorting to tactics like that?  You don't have to answer.  The question's really meant to ignite some self-reflection.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
Read the last paragraph of her last post, sheltron.

Which is this:

Also, it's neither here nor there, but, as to your last sentence, I would guess that complaining to a moderator about his moderation, publicizing that complaint, and then further criticizing that moderator's actions in public would be a poor way to ingratiate oneself with him. But what do I know.

And just to be clear, the "last sentence" to which I referred, in turn, was this:

I agree with most of the remaining portions of your post, even if I understand their purpose as to further ingratiate yourself with Sands.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2009, 12:19:03 AM »
So much for the self-reflection...

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2009, 12:52:50 AM »
This is exactly the complain miss p and I have, you can't point to any specific complaints (leaving other people to guess about whatever issues you may have), and you seem to have no understanding of the term "personal." Just because miss P or I attack your argument, does not mean we are attacking YOU. (this post not included, here I am clearly attacking your behavior, which is considered a personal attack by some people).

The person who needs self-reflection here is you.

I'd like to suggest that we all follow through on what isuckatthis recommended and institute one level of penalization just below banning: shunning. Ignore isuckatthis, and his meaningless posts. I certainly intend to.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

ISUCKATTHIS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:34 AM »
I agree that attacking an argument is not the same as a personal attack.  I also agree that I could use some self-reflection. It's a good idea in general for everyone.

Please do "shun" me, LOL.  We'll both be better off that way.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2009, 07:22:24 AM »
This is exactly the complain miss p and I have, you can't point to any specific complaints (leaving other people to guess about whatever issues you may have), and you seem to have no understanding of the term "personal." Just because miss P or I attack your argument, does not mean we are attacking YOU. (this post not included, here I am clearly attacking your behavior, which is considered a personal attack by some people).

The person who needs self-reflection here is you.

I'd like to suggest that we all follow through on what isuckatthis recommended and institute one level of penalization just below banning: shunning. Ignore isuckatthis, and his meaningless posts. I certainly intend to.

I've also asked (either Jake or ISUCK; I can't recall which one now!) to see specific, concrete examples of personal attacks.  The reluctance to do so is telling.