Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here  (Read 42056 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Senate Floor: Debate the Ban Process Here
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
Haven't I explained that a couple of times already? 

Your explanation was that "everyone" had already seen the posts, which isn't true.  They don't exist.  If you're sure they do because you think you read them and they're readily available, just go ahead and direct me to the right place.  Thanks.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
  • Betrayed by Dot. Plotting revenge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
Page 21, asshat.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:05 PM »
Page 21, asshat.

There's a post where I made a joke about having been told I have a "cybermob mentality" and another where I said that the thread made me want to gouge my eyes out with a fountain pen.  They're both over-the-top, exam-time complaints about an annoying thread.  They're not pleas for help.  Do better.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
LOL.  If there comes a time when Miss P doesn't post the last word in any thread, that is how those of us who do not know her true identity will know that she is dead.  As long as she is alive she will never let that happen.

ps you were supposed to read the posts of yours that are quoted on page 21.

pss asshat.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
LOL, Generalissimo.  f-ucking awesome.

Don't get me wrong, man.  I asshatted you with love.  And I do think the accusations were ridiculous.

I just loved the conflict.  I loved watching you guys have-at each other.  It was awesome.  I wanna see more of it.

But don't take that as too big of a compliment.  My life is boring as hell.

jason_perrlx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »
Hey congrats on the transition, my friend.  Don't be a stranger and PM me when you get more juice.

BTW:  why Franco?  Why now?  Not that you would need a reason.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2009, 03:07:45 AM »
Every one here has already seen the post... or could if they wanted to.  What's the point of re-posting if it's only a few pages back?

Anyway, I'm sure it's not going to affect your career.  I have no idea who you are, I do not want to know, and I have no say about whether or not you make partner.  Quit going on and on about it.  I'd rather discuss why you're an asshat.

;)

(I'm kidding, I think that's a great phrase and I'm just trying to use it as much as possible.  Thanks Matthies.)

Dude, ISUCKATTHIS is not worth engaging with, but I have a vague memory of thinking you, Jason_Perrlx, [ETA] were not so bad, so, against my better judgment, I'm jumping back into the fray here (And yes! I'm biased! In favor of someone with whom I've been friends on and off the board for more the three years! f-ing sue me! AND NO ONE CALLED ME IN HERE. Because what happens is, is that most regular posters read most active threads on the board. And when you are friends with people, on the board, it's often because you have been through stuff like this before and tended to have similar opinions, and it is therefore unsurprising and not some kind of conspiracy that you have similar opinions again).

Do you not remember being part of a social thread? Because my recollection is that you posted in MAS, or that "blah people entertain dotlyn" or whatever was going on around the era when you posted more. I guess my mind is just blown that everyone is so willfully misinterpreting the way this works. You are engaged in some kind of imbroglio with a poster that you perceive to be an idiot/a-hole/recalcitrant jerk, etc. You go and spar for a while and then, YES, you post in your chat thread about the fact that this is annoying, generally with the assumption that most people have already seen and read it, and that if they haven't they might want to go rubberneck the unpleasantness or say something soothing to you. And inevitably some of them will agree with you that said person is an assface and sometimes even be tempted (against their better judgment) to jump into the fray. But the reason that one posts these things is that one is frustrated and wants to vent to one's friends. The idea that Miss P is being slammed for saying (something along the lines of) "Jesus, that dude in the Drake thread is an asshat and he's pissing me off" is completely ridiculous. THAT IS WHAT THE SOCIAL THREADS ARE FOR. People gather in them because they have gotten to know these people and they want to vent about things that are happening in their online communities. The idea that this is out of line seems to be a pretty gross misunderstanding of the situation. And calling people "sad" or "scary" or whatever, seems to be jumping in and stirring the pot and being hurtful. But, you know, I'm glad you find that more entertaining than the "chances" threads.

And this crap about how Miss P tried to get people banned is unbelievable. She has posted the full content of the only comment she made to moderators, which is where she pointed out that PILOFO was equally to blame as comotellamas, and did not request his banning. She has not admitted to or even hinted at having made complaints to the moderators about anyone else, and ISUCKATTHIS has been hammering on for pages and f-ing pages about how she has "admitted" to wantonly demanding that people be banned when they hurt her feelings, despite this making no sense in context and there not being evidence for this. You are welcome to interpret this *&^%-show however you want, but, again, I remembered liking you back when and was kind of shocked that this was how you chose to re-enter the fray. To each his own interpretation, I suppose.

smh.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »
So guys....  Anybody have any ideas about the banning process? 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:22 AM »
Hey congrats on the transition, my friend.  Don't be a stranger and PM me when you get more juice.

BTW:  why Franco?  Why now?  Not that you would need a reason.

Its DictaTAR Day on excile, everyone picks a dicatator for their tar or for you DICKtatar day asshat.  8)
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »
Actually, goalie, ISUCKATTHIS is from this cycle. So, you must be thinking of someone else. I think there was another guy who hung out in MAS who had an all-caps handle, though I can't remember his name.

I was talking to jason perrlx, dude. Was that not clear?  ??? I quoted his post.
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.