Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hi everyone.  (Read 1082 times)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:19 AM »
Hi. I'm starting law school in a few months. I am 26 with a wife and kid. I worked a few jobs before getting to this point including truck driver with cdl and hazmat, military as an NCO, night janitor, ect.

Does that make me "non-traditional" too? I noticed a lot of the students on campus when I toured it looked like they came right from undergrad and were suprised when I mentioned a family.

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »
Hmmmm a bit young still, but you have some life experience.

Maybe an Honorary membership might be in order?

:)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:19:22 AM »
Thanks guys. Honorary status works I guess. Mabey I just feel older than I am. Kids can do that to you some days.  ;D
I love my daughter but being just under 2 years old some days feel like a marathon!  :P

I start Cooley in January.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
Try not to worry until you get there.  I'm a rising 2L with two small children.  I was worried that I would have nothing in common with my classmates, but I have made some really incredible friends.  I was pleasantly surprised at how mature and interesting my classmates are.  Of course, there is still a great deal of partying that goes on- who could blame them?  Still, even though I don't participate in the "extra-curricular activities," I think most of them understand that I just have other responsibilities and respect that I have my priorities in order.  (I hope). 

Also, you might be surprised at how many others aren't "trads."  There are a lot of parents, married people, and older students that go to law school.  You won't be the only one, I promise!
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.