Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for last week before the June Test?  (Read 1760 times)

themathminister

• View Profile
Advice for last week before the June Test?
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:31:01 AM »
First LSAT test I got a 167. The last 2 tests I took I got a 176. I am planning on taking a test every day until the LSAT. My testmasters instructor told me that was a terrible idea, but I feel like it will help me. Also, I know people say to not take a test the day before, but I honestly feel I will be out of sync if I don't.

Any advice?

spizzle5

• View Profile
Re: Advice for last week before the June Test?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »
I'm certainly not an expert at this, but I am in the same boat. I'm scoring well on preptests, but I still feel pressure to keep working at it up until the 11th hour. Im going to do a preptest/review the answers each day between now and saturday. Saturday I'm going to do a final review and some practice questions, and thats it. Sunday im going to relax, drive to Delaware from Baltimore (only test center left when i registered) and stay there overnight.

IMO, I think you should keep taking tests this week if it will make you feel more confident and prepared, but give yourself at least the day before to relax and decompress. You dont wan to go into the test center on Monday feeling burned out and drained from a test the day before.

good luck!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:01:52 PM »
First LSAT test I got a 167. The last 2 tests I took I got a 176. I am planning on taking a test every day until the LSAT. My testmasters instructor told me that was a terrible idea, but I feel like it will help me. Also, I know people say to not take a test the day before, but I honestly feel I will be out of sync if I don't.

Any advice?

I followed the conventional advice of taking a day off and I think it hurt me.  Do what you think will be best for you.  Obviously you don't want to work so hard or late that you are burned out.

finalanswer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »
for me... I'm going to focus on trying to stay focused, review, and do enough practice to make my nervous feelings go away. I don't think there is much to learn with one week to go

but dude, your scores are amazing (I wish I was in the same boat).... just do whatever you've been doing (it obviously works). If you arent nervous, don't worry. seriously If youre scoring like that, come test time I'm positive you'll kill it. Just stay focused...the last week would just be a review... and don't burn out right before the finish

good luck

610man

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:28:06 PM »
minister, you are doing really well good luck to you, myself I am right now undecided on how many pt's I will be taking this week 1-3 at the most.  I have being working on my tough sections, games and comparative reading.  I have been scoring in the 153-161 range.  I hope to have some of the jump in scores that other people have told me happens. 

eslite119

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
I'm certainly not an expert at this, but I am in the same boat. I'm scoring well on preptests, but I still feel pressure to keep working at it up until the 11th hour. Im going to do a preptest/review the answers each day between now and saturday. Saturday I'm going to do a final review and some practice questions, and thats it. Sunday im going to relax, drive to Delaware from Baltimore (only test center left when i registered) and stay there overnight.

IMO, I think you should keep taking tests this week if it will make you feel more confident and prepared, but give yourself at least the day before to relax and decompress. You dont wan to go into the test center on Monday feeling burned out and drained from a test the day before.

good luck!

How come a person from Delaware has to come to Baltimore to take the test while a person from Baltimore (me) have to go up to University of Delaware to do the same?  That's LSAC for ya.  I wish I could trade my spot with yours.

I probably won't study every single day this week, but maybe every other day to keep myself in shape and mostly work on fine tuning timing rather than accuracy.

themathminister

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »
thanks a lot for the input...i think i will keep taking tests. i am too nervous to sit around and do nothing. 

spizzle5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »

How come a person from Delaware has to come to Baltimore to take the test while a person from Baltimore (me) have to go up to University of Delaware to do the same?  That's LSAC for ya.  I wish I could trade my spot with yours.

I probably won't study every single day this week, but maybe every other day to keep myself in shape and mostly work on fine tuning timing rather than accuracy.

i think you misread...im in the same boat as you, i live in Baltimore and will be driving up to Delware for the test. I was amazed at how fast the other centers filled up...i registered back in Feb!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 02:55:55 PM »
check for skin rashes.

eslite119

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

i think you misread...im in the same boat as you, i live in Baltimore and will be driving up to Delware for the test. I was amazed at how fast the other centers filled up...i registered back in Feb!

You're right, I did misread.  Let's hope this doesn't happen on Monday.  Yea I registered in February as well and was surprised to see UM and Johns Hopkins all filled up.  Best of luck to you on your test.