Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SMU Waitlist  (Read 6577 times)

rachel.almaraz

• View Profile
    • Email
SMU Waitlist
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:27 PM »
Has any heard anything from SMU after being placed on their wait list? Does anyone know if their wait list is ranked? Any idea on when we may hear something?

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SMU Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:22:51 PM »
I didn't hear from them until classes started. Good luck though!
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »
And also, in case you haven't noticed, they are jerkwads about communicating with applicants, so if you call to check on your status expect to be snapped at.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

tennis05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:20:30 PM »
When is SMU's second deposit due by?  I hope they start to let us know if there will be any movement or not.

rachel.almaraz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »
I called up yesterday to try and schedule a tour and a meeting with an admissions person and was told that they have been meeting with people on the wait list since the beginning of June and the first available appointment was June 24th, which I took. They must have a lot of people on the wait list and hopefully they won't be making any final decisions until they meet with more people.

tennis05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:17:20 AM »
Thanks for the information! SMU is my top choice so I am very anxious. Good luck with your interview.

rachel.almaraz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »
Has anyone heard from SMU after being put on their wait list?

Also, has anyone gone up for a tour/meeting since they have been waitlisted? What should I expect when I go up next week?

tennis05

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
I went on a tour today. I asked about the waitlist and they said that they are starting to look at it. So thats good news hopefully. Parts of the campus are really nice but I wish the sections were not so big. Good  luck!

rachel.almaraz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:56 AM »
Good to know! Did you just go on a tour or were you able to sit down with an admissions officer as well? I'm hoping to hear something when I get up there next week, or early July at the latest. It's still my number one but I'd like to know so soon I can make plans! Keep me updated as to if you hear from them!

Thanks!

tennis05

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »
I only got a tour. I was told basically they have spots open for waitlist students but I do not know how many spots they are talking about.