Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Grades from the third tier --> T6  (Read 1140 times)

justitia

• View Profile
Grades from the third tier --> T6
« on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »
Hey guys,

I thought I would post a question here and get the collective wisdom of the board. I am currently at a TTT looking to transfer to a T14, hopefully a T6.

My fall term GPA was a 4.0 and ranked in the top 1%. This term I nearly had straight As again (including a few high papers), but I had an off day and got a B in one of my courses. My cumulative grade-point is still above a 3.95. Not sure what my class ranking is yet.

I know that to transfer up as far as I would like will take near perfect grades. So my question is: To the extent that transferring that high from a school ranked as mine is even possible, do you think the one B this term will kill my application?

Thanks.

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Grades from the third tier --> T6
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
Hey guys,

I thought I would post a question here and get the collective wisdom of the board. I am currently at a TTT looking to transfer to a T14, hopefully a T6.

My fall term GPA was a 4.0 and ranked in the top 1%. This term I nearly had straight As again (including a few high papers), but I had an off day and got a B in one of my courses. My cumulative grade-point is still above a 3.95. Not sure what my class ranking is yet.

I know that to transfer up as far as I would like will take near perfect grades. So my question is: To the extent that transferring that high from a school ranked as mine is even possible, do you think the one B this term will kill my application?

Thanks.

You never know if you don't apply.  I am top 10% at a T4 and made it into the T14.  I think you should apply and hope for the best.
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol

allaboutlydia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:46 AM »
 :)You're an inspiration and a positive person.  I wish you'd visit the prelaw board and set the naysayers on that board (many of them haven't even begun law school) straight. 

ToTransferOrNot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
Except that you folks, by being in the top 10%/top 1%, are not the normal story from your schools.