Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has the LSAT gotten easier?  (Read 8412 times)

marsilni

• View Profile
Has the LSAT gotten easier?
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »
Is it true that the LSAT has gotten easier since the year 2000?  Seems like the 1990's LSAT asked much tougher questions.

trippstrat

• View Profile
Re: Has the LSAT gotten easier?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:13:19 AM »
I hope that's true.  I've been practicing for the June LSAT and just took a practice test from 1995 yesterday and scored a few points lower on it than I usually do.  To me, I thought the games sections was a little harder. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
ha!

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »
Easier? No.

Certain parts have become trickier, and others more straight foreward.

For example, the LG section is markedly easier than it once was and RC has become slightly trickier.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »
ha!

next lsat be hardest ever?

Is it true that the LSAT has gotten easier since the year 2000?  Seems like the 1990's LSAT asked much tougher questions.

Well, the company contracted to write the lsats has changed. The LSAT difficulty level is based on the last three years of testing, and people today are more prepared and there are more of them.

As Thales said, the difficulty of different sections has changed. I think LG got easier only because they are using a more limited set of types of games, while the RC has gotten trickier since they've upped the difficulty level of the sections (longer, more complex sentences with longer words) and added a whole new type of RC (comparative I think it's called). AR has pretty much kept pace with the rest of the LSAT in terms of difficulty, I think.

I felt the LSATs got harder as I got into the later practice tests, but maybe that's just me. Maybe you're one of the lucky ones for whom the changes make it easier, but I doubt the test itself is any easier.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
listen up, tadpoles:  to answer this question beyond bloviating require first you have define "easier,"  and that not going be easy.

one could define relative ease as comparing how many right answers necesary for given scaled score, such as 160, now versus earlier.  however, that beg question of whether 160 of today equal to 160 of yesteryear.  it also not account for number of questions on test, which vary;  this could be accounted for by using % correct rather than raw score, but that going take some rounding off and so there's an additional inaccuracy.

one (or even two) also could define relative ease of particular percentile as function of raw score (or % correct), which at least reflect variation between tests, but even that not reflect differences between populations.  belief that today's test-takers better than those of 10 yerars ago not subject to any proof that can be considered quantitative--and julie not consider anything thales say be credible unless it on subjects of shoplifting or herpes treatment.  and even new tests will vary among selves, as will old tests.

and anyway:  what hell point?  you people need stopping examining navel and study for friggin' test.

and that julie's serious post on lsat for this month.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 03:47:56 PM »
you welcome.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
listen up, tadpoles:  to answer this question beyond bloviating require first you have define "easier,"  and that not going be easy.

one could define relative ease as comparing how many right answers necesary for given scaled score, such as 160, now versus earlier.  however, that beg question of whether 160 of today equal to 160 of yesteryear.  it also not account for number of questions on test, which vary;  this could be accounted for by using % correct rather than raw score, but that going take some rounding off and so there's an additional inaccuracy.

one (or even two) also could define relative ease of particular percentile as function of raw score (or % correct), which at least reflect variation between tests, but even that not reflect differences between populations.  belief that today's test-takers better than those of 10 yerars ago not subject to any proof that can be considered quantitative--and julie not consider anything thales say be credible unless it on subjects of shoplifting or herpes treatment.  and even new tests will vary among selves, as will old tests.

and anyway:  what hell point?  you people need stopping examining navel and study for friggin' test.

and that julie's serious post on lsat for this month.

Nobody is thanking you for stating the obvious asshat. You've added nothing new to this discussion.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
wrong.  julie adding that your answer bull.

julie would love hear you explain your conclusion that overall test not easier but "Certain parts have become trickier, and others more straight foreward. For example, the LG section is markedly easier than it once was and RC has become slightly trickier."

this certainy be real hoot.  and try be "straight foreward" about it.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »
wrong.  julie adding that your answer bull.

julie would love hear you explain your conclusion that overall test not easier but "Certain parts have become trickier, and others more straight foreward. For example, the LG section is markedly easier than it once was and RC has become slightly trickier."

this certainy be real hoot.  and try be "straight foreward" about it.

Haven't you grown tired of losing arguments with me - each and every time. For evidence, check every test that has ever been published and note the changes through time.

You clearly scored no higher than a 130 on the test if you think otherwise. Enough with your recreational drollery.

I am left unimpressed yet again by the ignoramus that is "Julie Fern"