Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring recommendation letter  (Read 724 times)

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
Transferring recommendation letter
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:40:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

For the transferring application, do we go back to that LSAC website and submit an electronic form? and tell our recommenders to fill out an LSAC recommendation form to be submitted on their own to LSAC? Doesn't the law school already have copies of old reoommednations that you first submitted when you applied to law schools? Where will this new transfer recommendation go?

My second question is: I would like to reapply to a couple of schools. Can I just start with a new application for the same school?

Please help me.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring recommendation letter
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:34:44 AM »
For the transferring application, do we go back to that LSAC website and submit an electronic form? and tell our recommenders to fill out an LSAC recommendation form to be submitted on their own to LSAC? Doesn't the law school already have copies of old reoommednations that you first submitted when you applied to law schools? Where will this new transfer recommendation go?
If the LOR was already sent to LSAC, they still have it online and you can direct it to the law school, I believe.  I know for schools I have never applied, this is easy, but I'm not sure how this would work with a school where you applied last year.

My second question is: I would like to reapply to a couple of schools. Can I just start with a new application for the same school?
Most schools have separate applications and some have different requirements.  So yes, start a new application.