Law School Discussion

southern or lsu

SEC_2L

• View Profile
Re: southern or lsu
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
...because they didn't get into those schools or Southern offered them more $$?? I don't know, seems reasonable to me...

You seem to be implying that a great number of LSU grads have come to the decision that Southern is the superior school in comparison. Yet there are many other factors that lead to where you get your JD. I would have gone to Michigan or Texas...but they didn't accept me.  :(

Answer the paradox while you laugh.

What paradox? That some schools are poor decisions for 90% of their students?

...that more than a battery of individuals holding LSU undergraduate diplomas, also hold SULC J.D.s. Why didn't they also pursue J.D.s ............at LSU, or Tulane, or Loyola?

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »
But wouldn't they forgo law school all together, or retake the LSAT, etc. to ellude the "poor decision"?

SEC_2L

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:12 PM »
Your most recent question didn't encompass the issue of whether it is a "poor decision" to attend Southern. You simply asked why they did not pursue their JD at LSU, Tulane or Loyola instead of Southern. In response, I provided some reasons why they may have...which are not at all unique from any other law school applicant.

Even those that go to Virginia or Duke probably would have gone to Harvard if they could have or if the money were the same. Therefore, whatever argument you are trying to implicitly make through the question seems dumb to me...

But wouldn't they forgo law school all together, or retake the LSAT, etc. to ellude the "poor decision"?

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »

Seem dumb now?

SEC_2L

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
Yes, but I'm tired of trying to explain to you why and I have to get up early...

Seem dumb now?

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:59 PM »
...because they didn't get into those schools or Southern offered them more $$?? I don't know, seems reasonable to me...

You seem to be implying that a great number of LSU grads have come to the decision that Southern is the superior school in comparison. Yet there are many other factors that lead to where you get your JD. I would have gone to Michigan or Texas...but they didn't accept me.  :(

...that more than a battery of individuals holding LSU undergraduate diplomas, also hold SULC J.D.s. Why didn't they also pursue J.D.s ............at LSU, or Tulane, or Loyola?

This is right.

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »
LSU, even if you had a full ride to Southern.

...Or how about now, still seem dumb?

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »
LSU, even if you had a full ride to Southern.

...Or how about now, still seem dumb?

Yes.

I mean, a full ride is no bull, but there's a pretty big difference between Southern and LSU, and LSU is pretty damn cheap to begin with. There's no real good reason to choose Southern over LSU.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 06:03:38 AM »
Agreetodisagree, are you currently attending Southern?  What year are you now?

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
I would definately choose LSU in this case.  ;)