Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September LSAT... Where to Start?  (Read 607 times)

LD8

• View Profile
September LSAT... Where to Start?
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
Hey all,
I decided to take the September LSAT. I'm going to order the three Powerscore books, Superprep, and the old tests from LSAC.

What sort of study schedule did you find most helpful? Should I start with one Bible and just go through them one at a time or what?  Any advice would be great.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: September LSAT... Where to Start?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:28:06 PM »
I basically read the bibles in a serial fashion, eased into untimed sections, then moved onto timed preptests.

Your mileage will vary, but 4 months is more than enough time to experiment with different prep strategies. Good luck.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »
september test be hardest ever.

ohioan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »
Hi I had a 144 my first time on the LSAT, then with a lot of intensive study (I read one review book and took a couple practice tests the first time), I scored 161, and that was on an empty stomach which was growling all through my worst section, reading comp.

I used all the items you are talking about too. But, I systematically took the practice tests. Be sure to note the practice tests that the practice questions in those books come from. You do not want to simulate a test if you have already seen those questions. I made a schedule for every Saturday to take a full length test. I started with the most recent one to be used about half way through my prep. I designated two recent ones, in the low 40's I think, to be the ones for the last two saturdays before the exam. All of my saturday tests were 6 sections (5 plus writing) to make sure that the length of the test was not a factor come exam time (what was a factor was not eating what I had planned!)

Now, the real key to my success was a database and a spreadsheet that I made so that I could track my progress. I could not afford the prepcourses, nor could I afford the computer assisted feedback. So I made these files (which I offer on ebay for $10) and if you enter your test results, observe your notations (eliminiating choices, changing answers, misreading, etc.) and then run the queries I made. You can recreate the charts in excel and easily identify the things you need to improve upon. For example, I identified a number of question types in LR that I was missing. But, I focues on the ones which made up a great proportion of the encountered question types. This meant that a little improvement on those types was most likely to lead to a visible improvement overall. And that is exactly what happened. Whatever you do, don't underestimate the test.

I don't think the September test is harder, by the way. I think the February ones are the toughest. Check the traditional scoring for the September test and you'll see.

Good Luck!