Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: it's just question... about gpa  (Read 377 times)

question88

• View Profile
it's just question... about gpa
« on: May 28, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »

hello~ i'm foreign student, wishing going to lawschool.

i'm searching informations each law school's requirements for later day's admission letter...

and suddenly, the question about gpa is just pop up from my brain(i know it could be feel odd expression,

but don't pity for that because i'm still studying english hard and i have much time before i applying lawschool).

the question is:

schools required

<hold or 'expect hold' a bachelor's degree prior to september of the year for which they apply to enter>*

then, can i applied september at undergraduated condition & leave 2 semesters(in this condition, i'll hold

bachelor's degree the next year, prior to september)?

if it could be, in conclusion, last 2 semester's gpa will be not reflection in the admission..isn't it?

so i curious about that.

please answer about this~ :)
*source: http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/jd/apply/2009app_instructions.pdf

mtbrider59

• View Profile
Re: it's just question... about gpa
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »
Your post is not all that clear(before coming to law school you may want to focus on your English writing skills as the ability to express yourself clearly is imperative in law school(especially on exams)as well as in the practice of law), but it appears to be: if you apply to law school prior to receiving your undegraduate degree, what will they use for your GPA? I think it would depend on the actual policy of a particular school; though I would guess that they would use the GPA appearing on your transcript at the time of your application, though any offer of admission that they might make would probably be contingent on successful completion of your degree plus maintaing your GPA at the current or higher level. It's really a question that you should ask of the admission office of any schools you're thinking of attending.