Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Requesting for your advise - please help!!  (Read 1500 times)

CareerChange

• View Profile
Requesting for your advise - please help!!
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
I need thoughts on whether I should go to Syracuse with a tuition scholarship of $26k (total fee $43k) renewable over three years or to Rutgers (Camden) without any money and out of state tuition ($33k/yr). I am a non-traditional international applicant; I have 5 years of work experience in the finance sector, have an MBA (finance) and want to specialize in corporate law/taxation. My goal is to do well in 1L and hopefully be able to move to Columbia/NYU/Fordham/Cornell/UPenn next year. Will it make a difference when transferring if I went to Syracuse or Rutgers, provided I am in top 10% in 1L at both schools? I have to make second deposits soon, and am really in a quandary. I would love to save $16k by going to Syr instead of Rutgers, but I don't want to jeopardize my transfer chances. Any and all thoughts will be much greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much in advance
!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting for your advise - please help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
It's good you are considering your transfer options this early, you should be studying in advance if you want to have a decent shot.

CareerChange

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »
Thanks upgrade, your time and thoughts are much appreciated.

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »
I think most people would disagree with that advice.

Jerry Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:05:13 PM »
Don't transfer, stay put.

And if you want some law blogs, www.abovethelaw.com, www.younglawyersblog.com, http://onelassociate.tumblr.com/, and law.com