Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Request for your advise - please help!!  (Read 833 times)

CareerChange

• View Profile
Request for your advise - please help!!
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
I need thoughts on whether I should go to Syracuse with a tuition scholarship of $26k (total fee $43k) renewable over three years or to Rutgers (Camden) without any money and out of state tuition ($33k/yr). I am a non-traditional international applicant; I have 5 years of work experience in the finance sector, have an MBA (finance) and want to specialize in corporate law/taxation. My goal is to do well in 1L and hopefully be able to move to Columbia/NYU/Fordham/Cornell/UPenn next year. Will it make a difference when transferring if I went to Syracuse or Rutgers, provided I am in top 10% in 1L at both schools? I have to make second deposits soon, and am really in a quandary. I would love to save $16k by going to Syr instead of Rutgers, but I don't want to jeopardize my transfer chances. Any and all thoughts will be much greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much in advance!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Request for your advise - please help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:20:48 AM »
Even thinking about transferring at this stage is pointless and will probably only induce unnecessary anxiety.  Relax for the rest of the summer and choose the school that has the best "fit" for your personality.