Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!! Trying to decide where to go..  (Read 2870 times)

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!! Trying to decide where to go..
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »

lets face it.. ANY school you attend gives you the SAME thing any other school gives you... -> the right to take the bar... i'm being smart and choosing not to be in debt like crazy and i def dont want to work 80 hours/week...  ;)

Do whatever you like.  You don't seem to want real advice.

But if you did:

I bolded the above because this statement is wrong.  Not illogical, but very wrong.  School mans a lot more than the right to take the bar.  it determines things like what region of the country you'll be pegged into, the quality of the education you'll receive, the depth of opportunities available... 

You can go into it thinking that yuo'll receive the same value regardless of school, but this is a very fairly indefensible theory.  You said you simply want to work for a company for a couple of years.  What company?  What type of company?  Why do you think that this specific company will hire you?  Why do you think that by passing the bar, you'll b as competitive for this job as you would be if you say, went to UNC or Wake? 

The truth is very smart students go to some very lowly regarded schools.  These students then do very well at said school.  However, these students still are unable to land the job they want because some middle of the pack student at a more reputable school is more employable.

For instance, imagine that you went to Cal Western.  You're going to struggl find whatever shadowy company you're referring to when your application is weighed against applications from at least 10 other California institutions.  ... Even if you do very well.

The reason why people are telling you to wait is because some students have no choice but to attend one of these schools.  However, you're competitive at some very well regarded law schools.  And while many applicants have good reasons to attend the Tier 4 school - you just seem lazy.

no actually.. since i own a real estate company there are probably 5 attorneys i deal with on a daily basis that i can work for... so like i said it makes NO difference.. and for everyone who thinks the school makes them.. you are in for a rude awakening.. i'm not saying you won't get more opportunities.. but ANYONE who is driven will overcome those small obstacles..  it's amazing how the lower tier schools are looked at as worthless...  but you'll realize all this one day hopefully..
grow up!  lol

Interesting that someone that is considering Detroit Mercy or Texas Southern is telling us what a rude awakening we're in for...

See the chart to see what shitholes you're considering, if you don't believe us:

http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf

Unlike PJC, I am hoping for your failure so that your life can serve as a monument to the folly of your statements. Shame too, I thought you were salvageable. But whatever, enjoy Detroit.

Well said, sir.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »

lets face it.. ANY school you attend gives you the SAME thing any other school gives you... -> the right to take the bar... i'm being smart and choosing not to be in debt like crazy and i def dont want to work 80 hours/week...  ;)

But if you did:

I bolded the above because this statement is wrong.  Not illogical, but very wrong.  School mans a lot more than the right to take the bar.  it determines things like what region of the country you'll be pegged into, the quality of the education you'll receive, the depth of opportunities available... 

You can go into it thinking that yuo'll receive the same value regardless of school, but this is a very fairly indefensible theory.  You said you simply want to work for a company for a couple of years.  What company?  What type of company?  Why do you think that this specific company will hire you?  Why do you think that by passing the bar, you'll b as competitive for this job as you would be if you say, went to UNC or Wake? 

The truth is very smart students go to some very lowly regarded schools.  These students then do very well at said school.  However, these students still are unable to land the job they want because some middle of the pack student at a more reputable school is more employable.

For instance, imagine that you went to Cal Western.  You're going to struggl find whatever shadowy company you're referring to when your application is weighed against applications from at least 10 other California institutions.  ... Even if you do very well.

The reason why people are telling you to wait is because some students have no choice but to attend one of these schools.  However, you're competitive at some very well regarded law schools.  And while many applicants have good reasons to attend the Tier 4 school - you just seem lazy.

no actually.. since i own a real estate company there are probably 5 attorneys i deal with on a daily basis that i can work for... so like i said it makes NO difference.. and for everyone who thinks the school makes them.. you are in for a rude awakening.. i'm not saying you won't get more opportunities.. but ANYONE who is driven will overcome those small obstacles..  it's amazing how the lower tier schools are looked at as worthless...  but you'll realize all this one day hopefully..
grow up!  lol

Interesting that someone that is considering Detroit Mercy or Texas Southern is telling us what a rude awakening we're in for...

See the chart to see what shitholes you're considering, if you don't believe us:

Unlike PJC, I am hoping for your failure so that your life can serve as a monument to the folly of your statements. Shame too, I thought you were salvageable. But whatever, enjoy Detroit.

Well said, sir.

Thank ye, I do appreciate the positive feedback. :)
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

tws0386

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »

But if you did:

grow up!  lol

again.. using a chart to forecast your future... how bout some ambition..??  and actually i will be attending TX Southern because of the price.. if I'm not removed from the waitlist at UNC..

what you dont understand.. is there are WAY more successful people in this world that DONT have JD's versus those that do... so for someone who is already successful.. a JD only complements their ideas/ambitions... no matter where it comes from...

see.. your comments dont bother me.. because i have a clear understanding of life... what bothers me.. is the fact that people like yourself are so quick to degrade someone who strives for a better education... like you feel threatened or something... you'll be limited in life.. no matter what you think.. no matter where your degree comes from (if you have one).. because of your limited sense of reality and your quickness to judge...

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 04:16:30 AM »

But if you did:

grow up!  lol

again.. using a chart to forecast your future... how bout some ambition..??  and actually i will be attending TX Southern because of the price.. if I'm not removed from the waitlist at UNC..

what you dont understand.. is there are WAY more successful people in this world that DONT have JD's versus those that do... so for someone who is already successful.. a JD only complements their ideas/ambitions... no matter where it comes from...

see.. your comments dont bother me.. because i have a clear understanding of life... what bothers me.. is the fact that people like yourself are so quick to degrade someone who strives for a better education... like you feel threatened or something... you'll be limited in life.. no matter what you think.. no matter where your degree comes from (if you have one).. because of your limited sense of reality and your quickness to judge...

Be one with the wall, Neo.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.