Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Carolina waitlist  (Read 8629 times)

wagamama

• View Profile
Re: Carolina waitlist
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
a highlighted section indicated that they can't give any insight into the wait list process as they don't know the demographics of the people who DO NOT submit a seat deposit.....SO, in order to get off of the wait list your demographic profile must be the same or very similar to the person who does not attend.

There was a bolded section that indicated that you do not need to (re-)indicate interest or submit additional information, unless you did not submit the information allowed under the original wait list letter.  Otherwise, the email states, you have done everything you can do.

One last item as someone already indicated...they hope to make a decision by the end of the month....hopefully they do get the work done as i understand both Mr. States and the Dean of Admissions are out on vacation until July 4....... a bit late to alter moving plans etc.

jd2012hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »
wagamama, check your "inbox."  I did find the e-mail!

jd2012hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »
What? Vacation, at a time like this?  LOL.  Seriously, I guess we all need our time off.  If, if fact, they do make a decision by the end of the month (regarding whether they even need to activiate this list) and get back to us, I'd be shocked. 

wagamama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
jd2012....i did receive the email and i am hopeful that a decision is made by July 1.  i have a complicated schedule as it is either CA or Carolina and i would have to move all of my stuff from Carolina.....hoping that i don't have to make a u-turn in new mexico!.   ....time to wait some more.......i may call at the end of the week to see if they are going to return decisions on Monday....otherwise, i will have to make my second deposit....

otherwise, thanks for you input...

jd2012hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 03:05:47 PM »
I hear you, and I'm glad you really want to go to UNC.  It's a great law school.  How in the world did tws0386 get those details (only 100 waitlist replies had been returned at the time)? She/he will be a great attorney!  Good luck with everything.  So, are the second deposits much more binding?  I only want UNC.  I have no other option.

wagamama

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »
jd...the way i look at it...they already 'know' who will replace whom, so if a resident, female does not go, then they look at their resident females on the list and then make a decision based upon further characteristics (socio-economic, etc.)  consequently, i don't see it as a complicated process like it was in the beginning.......still hoping to get feedback by monday, otherwise, i have to make the second deposit at the CA school.

i'll check back later and report anything that i hear.

hasta

wagamama

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
i think that the only thing binding is when you pay that TUITION......my second deposit for CA is not that much although every dollar is important now. 

the saga continues....

hasya

jd2012hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 03:53:14 PM »
Yes, the saga continues.  I hope we get in.  There should be room for at least a few of us, that is, if the fact that UNC will "DEF" activiate the waitlist this year is true.  Arrrrgh.  Carolina or BUST!

lovelyjj

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »
So they have about 100 people on the list. Do you know how many people will be admitted out of those 100?

jd2012hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 12:09:15 AM »
It looks like Dean States will not return until the beginning of next week.  It looks like we will not hear word until Monday at the earliest.  This is still in line with what the e-mail said.  Keep hope alive, people!