Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC vs. Fordham PT  (Read 565 times)

HesperusPhosphorus

• View Profile
BC vs. Fordham PT
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was admitted into the Fordham evening program last Friday. I still remain on their full-time wait list but I don't foresee coming off of that one anytime soon.

I was all set to go to BC this Fall but now I'm hesitant. My significant other is in NYC so that is the real reason I'm reconsidering.

One thing that worries me about part-time programs in general and the Fordham part-time program specifically is the potential stigma associated with evening students that might harm my employment prospects. The admission statistics are noticeably lower than their day-time counterparts so employers might feel that the quality of the students are lower.

Also, I've heard that even if evening students transfer into the full-time program in 2L, they are somewhat seen as outsiders by the rest of the class and find it difficult to ease into the already established social circles/study groups.

Lastly, part of me is thinking that BC is slightly more prestigious nationally and turning down BC for Fordham PT is a step down-especially since I will not be getting aid at either location. It's one thing to choose between BC vs. Fordham full time but I feel it is quite another to choose between BC and Fordham part-time.

Thanks for all the help,

horang

• View Profile
Re: BC vs. Fordham PT
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:35:27 PM »
Do you want to work in NYC or Boston?

Unless you want to work in Boston, Fordham (PT or FT) is the right choice for you.

HesperusPhosphorus

• View Profile
Re: BC vs. Fordham PT
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
I prefer to work in NYC, but I would not mind Boston.

I was always under the assumption that BC places in NYC pretty well anyway and has a modicum of name recognition nationally. So I don't want to construe the issue as merely one of where I would like to work.

In any case, I know that if I do well at either schools, many doors will be open to me. But I'm more focused on the consequences of finishing middle of the pack or below at BC and Fordham. Wouldn't the former provide much superior fallback options than the latter?

Thanks!