Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Liberty Law School  (Read 13410 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty Law School
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »
apparently you mixing up your high-level holy-rollers.

smuuthcriminal

• Wisdom, Moderation, and Justice.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
I appreciate all the info/comments from everyone.
- smuuthcriminal

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »
where julie go wrong here?

smuuthcriminal

• Wisdom, Moderation, and Justice.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »
Julie, where you went wrong is in your second statement -- a logical fallacy.  You cannot assume correctly that ALL (how your post is stated) people replying to my post, or any posters for that matter, are “high-level holy-rollers.” However, I cordially respect your comments and you being a part of the LSD community.  The latter is why I thanked you for your comment, as well.

I, for sure, am not a "high-level holy-roller."  I would be considered by my acquaintances as “reasonably religious.”  My beliefs are not tailored toward any single organized faith within Christendom, nor to any religion (Christian, Islam, etc.), which means that I possess religious freedom.  In other words, I am "religious tolerant."  Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Not trying to step on your toes, but trying to get the record straight, I think you were instigating the mix-up in your first statement (about Jesus' happiness, in reply to LULAW1982's post).  Next time, try to keep this thought close to mind: people are not perfect, which includes you and me.

- smuuthcriminal 

scrabble75

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 11:46:48 PM »
 :D

Well if anyone is interested in Liberty, be sure to read the 46 PAGES OF RULES
before you apply to school.

:o
READ THIS FIRST!!!! www.kevinroose.com

www.studentsreview.com/viewprofile.php3?k=1107127095&u=1409

Thinking about applying to Regent's Law School or Liberty's Liberty Law School?????

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 01:54:35 AM »
Just got a PM from one of the Zombies there.  I'm still laughing at female dog!! ;D  I PM'd it back asking it to tell Jerry Falwell, God called and wanted his good reputation back.  And I love the fact that it interprets facts as "smack".  Please read this ANYONE considering this brain washing hell hole:

LULAW1982
Sr. Citizen

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Liberty

You are nothing but a punk.  Only losers talk smack on the Internet.  Go run to your mom female dog.

If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.  Can you imagine a world without lawyers?                         |
-Lionel Hutz

mjh0111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
With all due respect to Matlock, I would highly recommend Liberty University School of Law to smuuthcriminal. I doubt you will get a better education than the one Liberty has to offer at even many T2 schools.

In the two years that I have spent there thus far, I have been very impressed by the breadth and depth of experience that the faculty bring to the table (and actually apply to classroom situations at least once a week). I have also been impressed with the breadth and depth of treatment of the subject matter in each classroom. Liberty intentionally has its students spend 20 percent more time in class (one hour) than virtually all other ABA-accredited institutions (50 minutes) in order to increase the treatment of the subject matter.

In addition, the Lawyering Skills program is unparalleled, and in fact is being emulated by several other law schools, including Washington & Lee University. I have accomplished, and gotten high marks on, more directly practice-related projects than you can shake an appellate brief at. Let me give you a small sampling of our graded assignments, all of which stem from required courses: interrogatories, a 40-page LLC operating agreement, depositions (taking and defending), negotiations, a contract for the sale of goods, a motion in limine, a statute, and a subpoena duces tecum. And that is just scratching the surface.

Matlock, I think you should know that TO AN INDIVIDUAL, every single member of every single ABA site team that has visited our institution has been astounded with the quality of every single aspect of our law school, from the law review to the law library to the classroom setting to the facilities. For you to pejoratively call LU School of Law a "black mark" and a "brain washing hell hole" is to exhibit both your poor judgment/taste and your virtual ignorance of the facts for the entire LSD community to see ... not to mention your extremely xenophobic and hateful attitude towards conservative Christians.

mjh0111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »
For Exhibit A on Matlock's virtual ignorance of the facts, see his statement that Liberty is "still dealing with provisional ABA accreditation." For your information, LU received provisional accreditation faster than any ABA-accredited law school in the history of ABA-accredited law schools, which was 18 months. Going by sheer mathematics, the soonest that ANY institution could be granted full accreditation is a full four years after provisional accreditation, which would translate to April 2010. As LULAW1982 rather ineloquently pointed out, we have an ABA site team coming in the fall. Based on our track record and future projections, LU is a virtual shoo-in for full accreditation. And as you must know, oh wise Matlock, there is no difference between provisionally accredited schools and fully accredited schools, except fully accredited schools are permitted to engage in night school programs, joint degree programs (e.g., JD/MBA), and LL.M. programs. Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't know that, Matlock? Maybe you should check your facts the next time you begin to make overblown and unwarranted generalizations.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »
For Exhibit A on Matlock's virtual ignorance of the facts, see his statement that Liberty is "still dealing with provisional ABA accreditation." For your information, LU received provisional accreditation faster than any ABA-accredited law school in the history of ABA-accredited law schools, which was 18 months. Going by sheer mathematics, the soonest that ANY institution could be granted full accreditation is a full four years after provisional accreditation, which would translate to April 2010. As LULAW1982 rather ineloquently pointed out, we have an ABA site team coming in the fall. Based on our track record and future projections, LU is a virtual shoo-in for full accreditation. And as you must know, oh wise Matlock, there is no difference between provisionally accredited schools and fully accredited schools, except fully accredited schools are permitted to engage in night school programs, joint degree programs (e.g., JD/MBA), and LL.M. programs. Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't know that, Matlock? Maybe you should check your facts the next time you begin to make overblown and unwarranted generalizations.

Matlock said LU law is provisionally accredited. You just confirmed that LU is indeed provisionally accredited for the time being. How does that make him ignorant? 

Liberty intentionally has its students spend 20 percent more time in class (one hour) than virtually all other ABA-accredited institutions (50 minutes) in order to increase the treatment of the subject matter.

This makes no sense. At most schools, your time in class will equal the number of credit hours you take. I've never heard of a class that only lasts 50 minutes. That said, I'm glad you don't unintentionally spend 20% more time in class. They would need to fix their clocks if that were true.

Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

mjh0111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
Neal,

It makes him ignorant because of his insinuation that "Liberty sucks, look at them, they're still dealing with accreditation, bahahaha!" What that statement ignorantly fails to take into account is that LU School of Law has not yet had the opportunity to even APPLY for full accreditation, through the sheer minimum amount of time that it takes to so apply. As I stated, based on when LU attained provisional accreditation (which, AGAIN, was the FASTEST in ABA history), the absolute soonest that LU could attain full accreditation is in April 2010. And as I previously stated, we are on track to complete that milestone in the minimum amount of time, continuing to set records and impress site teams as we go.

Not having all the above information, the reader of Matlock's post is left with the bare and distinct insinuation that Liberty is subpar. QED.