Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Another acceptance dilemma  (Read 1467 times)

fireyturk

• View Profile
    • Email
Another acceptance dilemma
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:58:54 PM »
Hey folks any help would be appreciated!

Got accepted into Chapman and New York Law School and turned them down.
Waitlisted in University of San Francisco (good possibility in admission at least part time), and waitlisted for Santa Clara
Accepted Stetson University (finally had my heart set on the beaches)
Just got word from Pacific McGeorge that they took me off the waitlist and have a spot for me!!!

I live in San Francisco, and would like to eventually practice here in California.  I'm just stressed because I was  going to go out to Florida in two weeks to look at the campus and apartments.  Any feedback would be awesome (I know the whole "go to school where you want to work" thing...

Thanks all!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Another acceptance dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
Hey folks any help would be appreciated!

Got accepted into Chapman and New York Law School and turned them down.
Waitlisted in University of San Francisco (good possibility in admission at least part time), and waitlisted for Santa Clara
Accepted Stetson University (finally had my heart set on the beaches)
Just got word from Pacific McGeorge that they took me off the waitlist and have a spot for me!!!

I live in San Francisco, and would like to eventually practice here in California.  I'm just stressed because I was  going to go out to Florida in two weeks to look at the campus and apartments.  Any feedback would be awesome (I know the whole "go to school where you want to work" thing...
Thanks all!

That's your answer, if you go to FLA expect to most likley stay there. If you want to work in CA, best to go to school there.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »
Go to McGeorge.  Even though, it's not technically the bay area, you'll certainly have a better chance to network and take advantage of alumni connections from McGeorge than Stetson. 

mtbrider59

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
Come to Santa Clara- you'll love it here plus its a great place to end up after you graduate- Santa Clara alums hold most of the key legal positions here in Silicon Valley