Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Practice test, with two weeks left, advice  (Read 908 times)

610man

• View Profile
    • Email
Practice test, with two weeks left, advice
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »
Need some advice here, took the powerscore weekend course last weekend, and they give you a big book with some problems to work out, questions and practice question, good stuff, and I am getting in some good work, but my qeustion is with about 2 weeks left before the test, how many more pt's should I get in, as many as possible, or just a few, also any advice on how to handle the last week before the test.  Thanks

lsatbeard

• View Profile
Re: Practice test, with two weeks left, advice
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »
June test be hardest ever.

610man

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply, and your immense contribution to this site, and yes all LSAT test no matter the date, be the hardest ever.  :)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »
Need some advice here, took the powerscore weekend course last weekend, and they give you a big book with some problems to work out, questions and practice question, good stuff, and I am getting in some good work, but my qeustion is with about 2 weeks left before the test, how many more pt's should I get in, as many as possible, or just a few, also any advice on how to handle the last week before the test. Thanks

you taking real practice tests, or fakes?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:58:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply, and your immense contribution to this site, and yes all LSAT test no matter the date, be the hardest ever. :)

keep your sense humor.  you going need it.

Kitzhof

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Hey 610man,
I am going to take the June test as well. I think that you should aim for as much exposure to LSAT questions as possible. Yet, you want to make sure that you understand why you answered a specific question wrong or right. One could do all available PTs, but without taking the time to analyze why one had the right or wrong answer, improvement will be minimal. I, for example, made the mistake of wanting to take all the logic games that I had. After going over ten tests, I didnít see any improvement. I realized that going back and doing a number of games multiple times (Test 27: reptile game, 31: music store game, 40: airline game, etc.) to get an understanding of how the games work, was much more effective.   

610man

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »
Julie, yeah real practice tests, old ones, and kitz, yeah thats what I have been doing working on some problems and taking pt's and looking at what I am missing.  I am getting close I know I have the ability to get into the 160's, I have gotten a 161, stuck in the mid 150's, but because the games.  I am working to get better and hoping to close that gap in the next 2 weeks.