Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Hi...introduce myself  (Read 773 times)

AMThinker

• AOL Instant Messenger - atduecetrey
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi...introduce myself
« on: May 08, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
I am also new here! And it is funny that you go to Kennesaw State Univ....Kennesaw is where I attended high school (North Cobb). Are you from the area??  I m 25 years old, and have been thinking for about a year on whether or not I'd like to pursue a legal education, and I made my final decision about a month ago. I went to the University of South Florida in Tampa on a full basketball scholarship, and managed to lose myself, to say the least, during my undergrad years. My stats (academically) are definitely not as impressive as yours (2.7 gpa), but I do participate in a plethora of extracurricular activities, and I started my own nonprofit organization in '04, and am now seeking funding, which seems to be a daunting task, but I continue to press on! I am on this site to learn, and converse with others who have similar goals, and those who are already doing what it is that I strive to do (law school). Nice to meet you!
AMT
"Less Talk...More Action"

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi...introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
I am also new here! And it is funny that you go to Kennesaw State Univ....Kennesaw is where I attended high school (North Cobb). Are you from the area??  I m 25 years old, and have been thinking for about a year on whether or not I'd like to pursue a legal education, and I made my final decision about a month ago. I went to the University of South Florida in Tampa on a full basketball scholarship, and managed to lose myself, to say the least, during my undergrad years. My stats (academically) are definitely not as impressive as yours (2.7 gpa), but I do participate in a plethora of extracurricular activities, and I started my own nonprofit organization in '04, and am now seeking funding, which seems to be a daunting task, but I continue to press on! I am on this site to learn, and converse with others who have similar goals, and those who are already doing what it is that I strive to do (law school). Nice to meet you!

Pardon the late response, (don't know how I missed this one) but welcome to the board!

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston