Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I apply for extended time on the LSAT? Will it hurt my application?  (Read 10097 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whatever decision you come to, if you do get the extra time, for the love of god, never tell any other law students about it.

WTF is wrong with you?  This person has a disability, and you think s/he should be ashamed of it?  You really are a tool.

I'm not saying they need to be ashamed of anything. I'm just saying they need to not tell people about getting extra time if that's what happens. I've found people in law school tend to be petty, insucure, whiners who will blame eveything and naything but themslves for any slight but think it's bull to give any kind of advantage to anyone on things like the the LSAT or law school exams.

I know two people that get to take their exams apart from their sections. Personally, I don't see what the problem is, but a lot of people female dog even about that.

So chill and poo.

fixed

Maybe that's the case at Denver...

Actually, that's the impression I get from this board.

exactly, people at Denver don't give a *&^% if you have a disablity

In which sense?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whatever decision you come to, if you do get the extra time, for the love of god, never tell any other law students about it.

WTF is wrong with you?  This person has a disability, and you think s/he should be ashamed of it?  You really are a tool.

I'm not saying they need to be ashamed of anything. I'm just saying they need to not tell people about getting extra time if that's what happens. I've found people in law school tend to be petty, insucure, whiners who will blame eveything and naything but themslves for any slight but think it's bull to give any kind of advantage to anyone on things like the the LSAT or law school exams.

I know two people that get to take their exams apart from their sections. Personally, I don't see what the problem is, but a lot of people female dog even about that.

So chill and poo.

fixed

This is also generally correct.

If it's generally correct, why specifically target Denver?

That's where Matthies went, so his impression of law students will mostly be based on Denver.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!

So chill and poo.

fixed

That's where Matthies went, so his impression of law students will mostly be based on Denver.

no my impression that most law studenst are whacked in the head comes from most law studnets who post on here
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email

So chill and poo.

fixed

I know that's where he went. But that's not what I'm getting from context. When Matthies "fixt" your post, you corrected him by saying, "Maybe that's the case at Denver..." as if it were not the case at any other school. Now, you're reversing yourself by stating that it's "generally correct" that the impression of people on this board (regardless of which school they attend) is consistent with that "fixt" Matthies put on your post. So, which is it?

It's not taking *&^% posted by random strangers on the internet too seriously. Try it on sometime.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email

So chill and poo.

fixed

no my impression that most law studenst are whacked in the head comes from most law studnets who post on here

I wouldn't use this place as a baseline for anything.

AutoAdmit, however, is probably a good place to start.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email

So chill and poo.

fixed

I know that's where he went. But that's not what I'm getting from context. When Matthies "fixt" your post, you corrected him by saying, "Maybe that's the case at Denver..." as if it were not the case at any other school. Now, you're reversing yourself by stating that it's "generally correct" that the impression of people on this board (regardless of which school they attend) is consistent with that "fixt" Matthies put on your post. So, which is it?

It's not taking *&^% posted by random strangers on the internet too seriously. Try it on sometime.

I've tried it. It's not as much fun as holding people to account for what they say.

So getting amped up about something that matters in no way, shape, or form is preferable to not doing that?

Also, "holding people accountable for what they say" would have read better.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email

So chill and poo.

fixed

I've tried it. It's not as much fun as holding people to account for what they say.

So getting amped up about something that matters in no way, shape, or form is preferable to not doing that?

Also, "holding people accountable for what they say" would have read better.

Who said anything about getting amped up? I just said it's more fun.

And it really doesn't matter to me what you think would have read better. But thanks for the feedback anyway.

NP. Also, good that you don't dispute that it was better my way...

"Fun" on the internet in this context usually seems to be equal to "act all f-ing crazy about some irrelevant *&^%".

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Update: accommodations on the bar are as hard to get as they are on the LSAT. Even though I have well documented history of dyslexia going back thirty years the only accommodation they would grant me was the use of a spell checker, but no extra time to actually use it. So realistically that means I will have 1/3 LESS time than everyone else taking the bar. On a 30 min essay I can afford to write for 20 mins then will have spend ten mins running the spell checker to get it readable.

People without disabilities, especially some petty law students, automatically assume because you get accommodations things are easier for you. As I said before they usually arenít.

Is there anyone out there taking the bar who would trade places with me to get accommodations? If so you can have my dyslexia and 1/3 less time and Iíll take your being normal any freaking day.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.