Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U. of Pittsburgh v. Pacific-McGeorge v. Rutgers-Camden  (Read 367 times)

Lauren1213

• View Profile
U. of Pittsburgh v. Pacific-McGeorge v. Rutgers-Camden
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
Hello,

I have applied to law school for the fall of 2009.  I want to pursue International Law, and practice in the government or nonprofit sector, such as NGO's like Amnesty International or Habitat for Humanity International. 

I have been accepted into Penn State, Hofstra, Syracuse, New York Law, Duquesne, Rutgers-Camden and Pacific-McGeorge, and waitlisted at University of Pittsburgh, Villanova and American.  I think I have it narrowed down to Rutgers and Pacific McGeorge.

I want to move to California after law school, and want to practice out there.   I am also very interested in McGeorge's International Law program - that was ranked 17th in the country in 2007.  However, nationally, Rutgers has a more solid reputation and name recognition.  I would also be able to obtain internships in New York City, which is where the most opportunities would be in my field.   I could also attempt to get internships in CA, as well as apply for visiting status for a semester at a CA law school.  Rutgers would also allow me to choose any semester abroad program I wanted, as compared to Pacific McGeorge who has only certain ones to choose from.

Ideally, Pitt would be great, but if I can't get in there, is McGeorge a better choice than Rutgers?  I have been told that the reputation for the International Law program is more important than the overall reputation of the law school itself, if I know I want to go into International Law.  Is this true?

I'm sorry this is so lengthy, but if you could let me know what you think, I would really, really appreciate it!!!

Thank you!!!