Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law student journal?  (Read 1567 times)

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
Law student journal?
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
I've seen this mentioned a few times. What is it? Or rather, how is it different than a journal kept by anyone else?
UB Law 2012

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Law student journal?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:32 PM »
It's not a diary.  Law journals and law reviews are academic publications.  You either grade on or have to compete in a writing competition to "make" journal or LR, and then you get the privilege of working your ass off 2L year writing your own academic paper while cite checking and editing the articles your journal or LR has chose to publish in the upcoming volumes.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
a diary...i lol'd.

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:14 PM »
It's not a diary.  Law journals and law reviews are academic publications.  You either grade on or have to compete in a writing competition to "make" journal or LR, and then you get the privilege of working your ass off 2L year writing your own academic paper while cite checking and editing the articles your journal or LR has chose to publish in the upcoming volumes.

Yes, I know that, thanks. I'm talking about something else, but I guess no one knows.
UB Law 2012

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:26 PM »
LOL @ this thread being the third result.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »

Yes, I know that, thanks. I'm talking about something else, but I guess no one knows.

riiiiiiiight
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:56:17 AM »

Um...well, if you were really talking about something else, perhaps you could enlighten us as to what it was?  Because the only type of journal I've seen discussed on LSD is the law review type.

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
Is being an a-hole a prerequisite to being a law student? If so, I'm screwed.
UB Law 2012

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »
Is being an a-hole a prerequisite to being a law student? If so, I'm screwed.

Don't worry if your not an a-hole bfore you get to law school you will be by the time you graduate. I used to be a nice person...then I went to law school
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.