Law School Discussion

GPA= 3.36... Should I even bother taking the LSAT?

GPA= 3.36... Should I even bother taking the LSAT?
« on: May 16, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
Hey everyone. I just graduated Rutgers a couple days ago, and I wasn't able to pull my GPA up enough I feel like. I'm an Econ major, and I was really thinking about law school. In fact, I was all set to take the Kaplan extreme LSAT course. I found out I got a B in one of my easy classes this year which crushed my spirits just now. I thought if I aced it or at least had gotten a B+ I could have pulled a 3.4. But now I have a 3.36. Should I even bother with the LSAT course and taking the LSAT? Is my GPA going to pull me down badly?m I wasn't looking to get into Harvard or Yale, but I was hoping I could get into a decent to good school with a good showing on the LSAT, maybe Rutgers? Now I don't know what my chances look like.

Really bummed out right about now.  :'(

Re: GPA= 3.36... Should I even bother taking the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
rock the ;sat and you'll be fine. look at lawschoolnumbers.com

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
To the OP:

My GPA (as calculated by LSAC) was about a 2.7 (3.0 as calculated by my UG). Like the other posters have said, taking the LSAT is worth it, but you need to do well. Take a good prep course like TestMasters or PowerScore (yes they cost a lot, but the investment is more than worth it). If you rock the LSAT you can get into some great schools. I pulled a 170 and am going to a school in the top 30.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
See my LSN for my details. It's definitely fine, you just need to get a great (relative to your target schools) LSAT.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:33:56 PM »
If you want to go to law school; don't let any BS stop you.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:13:44 PM »
If you do well on the LSAT then you will be in a good position

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
If you do well on the LSAT then you will be in a good position.

Thank you, captain obvious.