Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from a T3 in the Northeast to a school in the 40's - 80's  (Read 916 times)

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello everyone
I would like to know what are the chances of transferring from a T3 in the Northeast(with a reputable IP program)to any school in the 40's-80's (US news ranking). I have an advanced degree in the hard sciences. However, because of the harsh B curve at the school,there are very few As given in the school.  What are the chances of getting into a higher ranked school if you're in the middle of the pack? I'm sitting in the middle of the pack now mostly due to an awful torts grade where I got a C- (3 credit course)
Is there anyway to rescue this? I just wrote my finals and i'm waiting for those final grades.
If there is anyone that can provide advice, i'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Rene Descartes

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sorry, but it's not looking good.  "Reputable IP program" doesn't mean squat.  You're in the middle of the class at a T3 school.  Sucks to say it, but you're not going anywhere.  And time to NETWORK because middle of the class at a T3 won't get you anything at OCI.

bradzwest returns

I was exactly in the middle of my class at a T4 and got accepted to a school in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.  There was nothing special about my transfer app...

springin05

• View Profile
Don't listen to people that tell you that you do not have a chance.  Apply anyway.  I was in the 30% bracket at a 4th tier and was just accepted to a 60-70 ranked school with a great reputation.