Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Transfers: class of 2011 thread: Housing, Scheduling, DC Questions...  (Read 11089 times)

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
I'm working on the same thing - figuring out what would be the best amount.  I was thinking this:

Corporations (4 Credits)
Tax Law I (4 Credits)
Evidence (4 Credits)
Professional Responsibility (2 Credits)

14 credits, to take it light to get adjusted to a new school, participate in OCI, and (hopefully!!!) work on a journal.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  I was also thinking about switching something out for Administrative Law.  Maybe PR? 

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
Sam - how many credits are you going to aiming to take?  I'm worried that I'm going to have too few and not end up on a journal, or take too many and be swamped first semester. 

Also, PM me!  Maybe we could meet up before Orientation or something for coffee.  I'd love to know a few people before school starts. 

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
I was also thinking about switching something out for Administrative Law.  Maybe PR?   

Admin law is HARD. PR is a cakewalk. Since you are already taking substantive courses I would say admin is a bit much.

As a general matter, I wouldn't take more than 14 credits this semester especially if you are interviewing out of state. The callbacks killed my class attendance for the first two months.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
Thanks nealric.  I really appreciate the advice. 

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
The information is all on the Accepted Students site.  I think that the deadline to enter your bids was July 31st...I'd give them a call ASAP. 

highhopes967

• View Profile
Bidding for classes? I have heard nothing of the sort as of yet. When/where are these bid opportunities? I have received no such information.

Transfer check your g-town email.

You have to sign up (bid) for classes on myaccess under registration. A little tricky but nothing bad at all. They extended the deadline to either yesterday or today, just give them a call, I did and they were very helpful.

highhopes967

• View Profile
So as far as living situations...What has everyone decided or done.

Any advice, I am going to look at apartments next week. I have been using craigslist, any other websites or places to check out in order to get a place to live next year?