Law School Discussion

Georgetown Transfers: class of 2011 thread: Housing, Scheduling, DC Questions...

Dongo

• View Profile
Yeah, the info actually came through snail mail though.  Got it a few days ago.  Included email address, NetID, and a University ID (GoCard) Number.

win45

Yeah, the info actually came through snail mail though.  Got it a few days ago.  Included email address, NetID, and a University ID (GoCard) Number.

Check your messages

Got mine today as well, downloaded a bunch of Vault guides that I will probably never read.  At least I feel like I have received something for my deposit money that may go down the drain.

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Got mine today as well, downloaded a bunch of Vault guides that I will probably never read.

Chambers is better anyways.

Is anyone planning on doing the write on competition?

Did everyone find housing yet? I'm looking at few options near the school.  How's Navy Yards Metro area? I know the Nationals Field is there and it's going through a major overhaul, but I was told it might be little too early to move in there (in terms of things to do around the area).  Is Columbia Heights safe? I know the area got considerably safe over the years, but I am still uncertain about the safety.

And how is everyone doing their searches for the housing? It's hard to search primarily on online.

Can you still get into the dorm? I thought the lottery process was already over.

nealric

• a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Did everyone find housing yet? I'm looking at few options near the school.  How's Navy Yards Metro area? I know the Nationals Field is there and it's going through a major overhaul, but I was told it might be little too early to move in there (in terms of things to do around the area).  Is Columbia Heights safe? I know the area got considerably safe over the years, but I am still uncertain about the safety.

I would avoid Navy Yards. It's not really convenient to school at all and the area is still a tad iffy. If you don't mind a transitional area, the H-street corridor is a much better bet. Columbia heights is fine (although sometimes the real estate agents are a little over-optimistic over what is Columbia heights).

Has anyone selected their courses yet? 

Has anyone selected their courses yet? 

I am in process of selecting courses. How many classes or credit hours are you guys signing up for? I think the school website says between 12-16 credits a semester.