Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Transfers: class of 2011 thread: Housing, Scheduling, DC Questions...  (Read 11037 times)

Dongo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yeah, the info actually came through snail mail though.  Got it a few days ago.  Included email address, NetID, and a University ID (GoCard) Number.

win45

• View Profile
Yeah, the info actually came through snail mail though.  Got it a few days ago.  Included email address, NetID, and a University ID (GoCard) Number.

Check your messages

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Got mine today as well, downloaded a bunch of Vault guides that I will probably never read.  At least I feel like I have received something for my deposit money that may go down the drain.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Got mine today as well, downloaded a bunch of Vault guides that I will probably never read.

Chambers is better anyways.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Nebulous

• View Profile
    • Email
Is anyone planning on doing the write on competition?

onechu82

• View Profile
Did everyone find housing yet? I'm looking at few options near the school.  How's Navy Yards Metro area? I know the Nationals Field is there and it's going through a major overhaul, but I was told it might be little too early to move in there (in terms of things to do around the area).  Is Columbia Heights safe? I know the area got considerably safe over the years, but I am still uncertain about the safety.

And how is everyone doing their searches for the housing? It's hard to search primarily on online.

onechu82

• View Profile
Can you still get into the dorm? I thought the lottery process was already over.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Did everyone find housing yet? I'm looking at few options near the school.  How's Navy Yards Metro area? I know the Nationals Field is there and it's going through a major overhaul, but I was told it might be little too early to move in there (in terms of things to do around the area).  Is Columbia Heights safe? I know the area got considerably safe over the years, but I am still uncertain about the safety.

I would avoid Navy Yards. It's not really convenient to school at all and the area is still a tad iffy. If you don't mind a transitional area, the H-street corridor is a much better bet. Columbia heights is fine (although sometimes the real estate agents are a little over-optimistic over what is Columbia heights).
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

nifer327

• View Profile
    • LSN
Has anyone selected their courses yet? 

onechu82

• View Profile
Has anyone selected their courses yet? 

I am in process of selecting courses. How many classes or credit hours are you guys signing up for? I think the school website says between 12-16 credits a semester.