Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Confused about LSAC GPA  (Read 1573 times)

TruckDrivinMan

• View Profile
    • Email
Confused about LSAC GPA
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:41:47 PM »
So how exactly do they change your undergrad GPA to fit their table?  I see the chart that has the number grades such as 98-100 is worth 4.33 and 90-92 is only worth 3.67 etc.  However, from what I understand, my transcript (from the University of Arkansas) will none of this information on it.  There are no number grades, nor are there any A+ or A-.  My GPA according to UA is 3.91; I don't remember how many of my A's were in which range of LSAC's system -- hell I'm pretty sure I never knew for most of them. 

So is LSAC going to just assume that some of my A's were A- and revise my GPA?  Do they contact the school for more detailed information?  I know some of my teachers didn't even have a number-based grading system. 
Help I'm confused lol  ???

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Confused about LSAC GPA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
If I remember right, they make -'s worth X.66 and +'s worth X.33 (or something like that). Other than that, I don't think they change your GPA at all.

Unless you have a ton of +'s or -'s, your GPA probably won't change much. Mine went down like .02 IIRC.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

TruckDrivinMan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Confused about LSAC GPA
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »
thanks for the info Ninja.  There are no pluses or minuses on my transcript lol, so I guess it won't change.  As far as I know, my ug school doesn't give +-