Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3.3/164 accepted nowhere  (Read 2287 times)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: 3.3/164 accepted nowhere
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 09:07:22 PM »
Apparently...

Schools accept people on a rolling basis, they don't wait until the deadline and then look at the applicant pool as a whole. So there are many more spots at the beginning of the cycle, and very few at the end.

I applied in late February and got into every school I applied to, some with scholarships. I also had lower numbers than the guy, maybe he is lacking in other areas of the application.

so....what if you aren't black?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 09:23:54 PM »
Apparently...

Schools accept people on a rolling basis, they don't wait until the deadline and then look at the applicant pool as a whole. So there are many more spots at the beginning of the cycle, and very few at the end.

I applied in late February and got into every school I applied to, some with scholarships. I also had lower numbers than the guy, maybe he is lacking in other areas of the application.

so....what if you aren't black?

The above poster has previously indicated that he is Asian - an "over" represented minority.

Nice to see law school hasn't changed you one iota.  ::)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

econtutorNV

• Sr. Citizen
  • Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
I had your exact numbers and was accepted to Loyola LA, WL'd at Hastings and dinged at UIUC. I think putting in your apps early would be a huge help in getting, and as an above poster noted, even a small increase in your LSAT score will greatly increase your chances at getting into a school like UIUC.
UGPA-3.33 LSAT-164

In- Tulane ($$), Baylor, USD, Santa Clara ($), IU-B ($), Loyola
Out-Minnesota. UIUC
WL-Notre Dame, Hastings
Pending- Emory, WUSTL, W & L, Davis, GULC PT, GMU, GW PT, UC-I (gotta dream, right?)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »
Apply early and get some safeties. Your LSAT is good, but your GPA is going to keep you out of most of your schools.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.