School Specific Boards > St. Thomas (Florida)

Summer conditional program

(1/4) > >>

Flo2k:
I have been excepted to the summer conditional program at st.Thomas university in miami.  I know that 20% of the students will be accepted to the law school and that it is 3 weeks long.  Does any one have any more information on this program?  Has anyone in this forum actually gone to this program and get accepted?

Thank You

iamamouse:
Areyou still looking for information concerning this subject?

TheDudeMan:

--- Quote from: Flo2k on May 12, 2009, 08:37:56 PM ---I have been excepted to the summer conditional program at st.Thomas university in miami.  I know that 20% of the students will be accepted to the law school and that it is 3 weeks long.  Does any one have any more information on this program?  Has anyone in this forum actually gone to this program and get accepted?

Thank You

--- End quote ---

St. Thomas isn't worth attending to begin with.  If you are so below average on LSAT and GPA that you are "conditionally admitted," then it's time to accept the fact that you shouldn't be going to law school.

I'm so tired of these money making schools admitting anybody with a checkbook and a pulse.  It's the reason the market is flooded. 

USAFVETERAN:
Do not listen to THEDUDE.  He's obviously an immature, YOUNG, inexperienced IN THE REAL WORLD, wet behind the ears, VIRGIN, who does'nt have a life outside his crappy one bedroom apartment. Oh he will probably attempt to now convince the board that he currently attends a t1 school with a red carpet rolled out for him when he graduates...ok heard that one before.  Anyway, I have heard of people going into those conditional programs.  If you have the opportunity then take it.  As THEIDIOT...I mean THEDUDE...failed to mention is that your LSAT performance is not an indicator on how you perform IN LAW SCHOOL.  Nor is it an accurate indicator on how much you will make when you graduate.  I know that people will chime in and disagree, but I know for a fact that it is more about who you know.   

TheDudeMan:

--- Quote from: USAFVETERAN on December 03, 2009, 02:40:36 AM ---Do not listen to THEDUDE.  He's obviously an immature, YOUNG, inexperienced IN THE REAL WORLD, wet behind the ears, VIRGIN, who does'nt have a life outside his crappy one bedroom apartment. Oh he will probably attempt to now convince the board that he currently attends a t1 school with a red carpet rolled out for him when he graduates...ok heard that one before.  Anyway, I have heard of people going into those conditional programs.  If you have the opportunity then take it.  As THEIDIOT...I mean THEDUDE...failed to mention is that your LSAT performance is not an indicator on how you perform IN LAW SCHOOL.  Nor is it an accurate indicator on how much you will make when you graduate.  I know that people will chime in and disagree, but I know for a fact that it is more about who you know.   

--- End quote ---

Don't you feel foolish to find out I'm a non-trad and a vet myself?  I go to school in the evenings and work full-time in a good career for the Feds now.  I was giving my opinion, which obviously bothers you due to some insecurities.

Also, just look at old posts.  I do have a bigfirm job lined up and its well established that I go to GW.

I will agree that LSAT isn't a good indicator of success in law school.  UNFORTUNATELY, it IS an indicator of where you can gain admission, which DOES matter on where your career will take you.  I'm not saying I think it's right, it's just the way it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version