Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Does anyone know anything about the summer conditional program?

1 (25%)
 3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: St Thomas University Miami  (Read 4981 times)

Flo2k

• View Profile
St Thomas University Miami
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:10:38 PM »
I have been excepted to the summer conditional program at st.Thomas university in miami.  I know that 20% of the students will be accepted to the law school and that it is 3 weeks long.  Does any one have any more information on this program?  Has anyone in this forum actually go to this program and get accepted?

Thank You

SoreideLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: St Thomas University Miami
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »
I Graduated from St. Thomas and several of my good friends were admitted this way. They all passed the bar and proved to be rather good students.

Flo2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »
Thanks for the information im heading down there next week.  I have been studying the packet they sent me for my first week of the summer conditional program.  I hope im going to end up in the top 20% of the class.

anxiety

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
the fact that you can't differentiate between accepted/excepted certainly dashes your hopes, doesn't it?
Disgruntled 3L

Flo2k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
OK... so i made a grammatical error "anxiety" go pop a Xanax  ;D

NYCFed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:03:38 AM »
OK... so i made a grammatical error "anxiety" go pop a Xanax  ;D
Just out of curiosity, is there a better term for the mistake than "grammatical error?"  I can't think of one, but it isn't apparent that if I mean "donut" and I say "suspension bridge" that it is a problem with grammar, whether or not the words are homonyms.

Stephanie5817

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:17:07 PM »
I as well was accepted into the Summer Conditional program @ St Thomas Law. I actually had to opportunity to sit in on a few first year classes and meet a few of the professors who have taught the Summer Conditional program in the past. Already began studying evidence! If you need a study buddy let me know, would be nice to know someone walking in on June 8th! :)

Flo2k

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
I have begun studying  the evidence packet as well. The cali HW was actually very helpful.  Are you going to be at the orientation on the 5th?

Stephanie5817

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 10:11:15 PM »
Yes I will be @ orientation on the 5th. Any idea how many students were admitted into the program ? Trying to figure out the exact odds of acceptance.

Flo2k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
Nope i have no idea about the amount of students that will be attending the program  ???

Can you tell me what it was like to sit in on first year law classes, and how are the professors that tough the conditional program in the past

Thanks for the info  :)