Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kicking Myself  (Read 2802 times)

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Kicking Myself
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »
In light of my mistake and also my frequent contribution, does anyone think it might be a good idea to get in touch with the professor and explain to her what I did wrong, that I am not a total dunce when it comes to this material, that I am not deserving of a D or F? What do you guys think?

No.

Double no.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »
Speaking of troublesome Contracts exams...

I completely bombed mine. I misread part of the fact pattern, and my faulty understanding of the facts will surely ruin my grade (and my GPA), as the application of those misunderstood facts was necessary to correctly answer a significant chunk of the questions.

But I did know the material. And I did participate every time in class -- and demonstrated better understanding of the subject matter than the majority of my classmates. I just got tripped up at the start of the exam (think: beginning of "Cool Runnings").

In light of my mistake and also my frequent contribution, does anyone think it might be a good idea to get in touch with the professor and explain to her what I did wrong, that I am not a total dunce when it comes to this material, that I am not deserving of a D or F? What do you guys think?

I'm jumping in with the chorus of 'nos.' 

We all think of things we should have done differently after an exam is over.  Part of the grade on a timed exam like that is how well you handle things under pressure.  It doesn't matter how much you know, it matters what you put down.  That's part of the pain of law school grading.

If it makes you feel better, I completely flubbed one of the only 2 essay questions in Torts last semester. I still managed a B.  It felt like a gift, but I think the rest of my test made it clear that I knew the material and had just made an assumption where I shouldn't have.  I highly doubt you will fail.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

mrs. palsgraf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 01:11:18 PM »
Thanks for your responses

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 02:26:20 PM »
I doubt just because you misread the facts will you have bombed the final.  Professors are smart people, they can read your analysis understanding your interpretation of the facts.