Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova Southeastern vs. Barry?  (Read 1573 times)

marcina

• View Profile
Nova Southeastern vs. Barry?
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:06:49 PM »
they are both in FL, now i just have to decide which one?

chukoo321

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nova Southeastern vs. Barry?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
Nova is the best. I considered going to nova because they have awesome clinics. The campus is beautiful and the admissions people are great. The downfall is that you have to compete with fiu and Miami depending on what your internship interests are. Barry law is in Orlando and itís a great place for government and law firm internship opportunities. However, Barrys' rep isnít that great. But they are better than famu law, which is your only competition in Orlando; D i suggest you weigh and figure out what you are looking to get out of a program. But my vote is NOVA SOUTHEASTERN!!!!

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
Here are a few points to consider:

1) Did you study as hard for the LSAT as you could have?

I ask because Barry and Nova, with all due respect, do not have great employment prospects, especially compared to the other Florida schools.  (I go to law school in Florida.) 

I was one of those who studied hard on my re-take, and was able to get into many solid schools.  You might be able to do the same.

2) If that isn't an option for you, you need to consider two significant concerns:

A) Where do you want to live after graduation?  If you see yourself living in Orlando, I'd probably pick Barry (as long as it's not too expensive; see below).  If you want to live in southern Florida, pick Nova.  These schools aren't going to have much of a reputation outside of their home markets. 

B) Cost is key here.  Employment prospects aren't fantastic at either school, so what is the tuition at each school?  That should be a large factor in your decision. If it's too much, I'd reconsider either of these schools.   

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
Nova.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

The Harvard Guy

• View Profile
    • How To Get Into Harvard Law School
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »
I would say Nova, too.  Problem is neither school is all that hot in Florida.  With UM, UF, FSU, and Stetson all being better schools, you're going to face stiff competition from graduates from those schools when getting a job.  If you can apply again this year and get in somewhere better, go for that.  If not, then go to Nova.