Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 36yr old, 3.1 Undergrad.. 1st year MBA 4.0 GPA .. thinking of Law School  (Read 2968 times)

dreadgurl

• View Profile
This has been something I have been thinking about for years. The majority of my experience has been in the non-profit sector and academic research. I am curious about other ppl's ideas for attending Law School at my age. I may have more questions later.  I do not have children so I am flexible and I can always attend LS in various states.  Any thoughts?

jollyrog

• View Profile
FWIW, I'll be 50 by the time 1L starts. You're just a kid! ;)

cu014628

• View Profile
I am starting this fall ... 36 almost 37, BS/MBA ... go for it :)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
This has been something I have been thinking about for years. The majority of my experience has been in the non-profit sector and academic research. I am curious about other ppl's ideas for attending Law School at my age. I may have more questions later.  I do not have children so I am flexible and I can always attend LS in various states.  Any thoughts?

I had to laugh about this rather explicit assumption... FWIW, I have four school-aged kids, and applied to schools on both coasts as well as a number of states in between.  I ended up only 400 miles from my hometown, but that was purely due to academic/economic factors, and had nothing to do with proximity.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

cooleylawstudent

Honestly lots of people do at that age. Normally part time/weekends, but a few fulltime during the week(depends on if you have a family/work/etc)

Believe or not, one lady is over 60 and a 1L at mine. Not a joke.