Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: weird results  (Read 635 times)

dreameca

• View Profile
    • Email
weird results
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:55:56 AM »
This doesnt really matter, but i am just curious. I got accepted with scholarship at loyola, pepperdine, UNLV, USD. I got a reply from southwestern today saying i am waitlisted. Isnt this weird? are they not offering me a place because they knew i probably wouldnt attend?

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: weird results
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:11:50 PM »
This doesnt really matter, but i am just curious. I got accepted with scholarship at loyola, pepperdine, UNLV, USD. I got a reply from southwestern today saying i am waitlisted. Isnt this weird? are they not offering me a place because they knew i probably wouldnt attend?

Nope. Something is wrong with you or you application and they are hesitant to accept you.

SamE397

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

Nope. Something is wrong with you or you application and they are hesitant to accept you.
ROFL; it's actually quite common for safety schools to reject/wait-list overqualified students they don't think are serious candidates.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »
Yield Protection.  Just another way to protect a "rankable" category.