Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Kent v. DePaul - HELP HELP HELP Have to decide by Fri.  (Read 513 times)

ohioan

• View Profile
I seriously thought I was done with this. I was set on DePaul, eventhough at the start of the process I would have jumped at the chance to go to Kent. But, eventhough Kent is giving me $15,000 now for the first year and a max of $10K for each of the second and third years, I am still torn. Eventhough the IP program at Kent is very highly ranked, I don't think that is very meaningful (but maybe it will be in three years). DePaul's $15,000 requires a 3.3 GPA (usually top 33% of class) which is about the same as what I would need to keep the $10,000 at Kent for the 2 and 3L years. DePaul has consistently reported employment at graduation in the mid to upper 80%, whereas Kent is usually about 10-15% lower. I get the sense that the IP program at DePaul is better (though it is ranked around 15) and more supportive than Kent. The average salary is about the same at both schools, but it seems the median at Kent is a little higher. I know this debate has been raised ad nauseum, but informed and experienced opinions would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Have you visited? Did one seem like a place that fit you better? Is one closer to housing, or in a neighborhood you like more?

ohioan

• View Profile
Have you visited? Did one seem like a place that fit you better? Is one closer to housing, or in a neighborhood you like more?

I visited both, liked Kent a little better, but the students at DePaul seemed much happier, much more at peace. I cant help but feel that I will do better academically at DePaul because of the high competitiveness of Kent.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
If you feel that way I would go with DePaul.